spinker

CLOSED crashing to blue screen

Hello

Crashing to BLUE SCREEN

I am not sure if I had done anything wrong but I have not had a blue screen crash for many years.

Here is what is happening:

I have not created any weather scenes yet with REX 4 Weather Architect but I have tried 3 user created weather themes. When I choose a theme and click on Fly Now the program goes thru the startup procedure until FSX shows start up screen, I then choose the departure ICAO of the theme I chose.
When I start my flight it will last 5 to 8  minutes and then it will crash to blue screen every time.

I have tried flights within REX Weather Architect and they all crash to blue screen. When I fly normally outside Weather Architect I do not get a crash to blue screen.

Something has gone wrong and I hope you can help me.

Also I would like to know if there is an uninstall for the program in case I cannot find the solution to the problem.

I will be able to check any areas within the program to help search for the problem since I can get around the computer program quite well.

Since I am not too computer literate. When I install programs by left clicking on the program I get  a list of options including "Run as administrator" I have always used this when installing new files such as ORBX files etc.

I do not understand pseudo admin rights as well as your continued instructiions Figure 1.1 admnistrator command prompt.

If it is necessary to do this to run Weather Architect then I may not be able to use this program.

I have not completed the STEP 2 UNZIP THE sqlproces.zp procedure

also do not understand SQL Server Local Database 2012 Initiation although I beleive I installed it.
For me you have to many changes and requirements beyond just installing your program.  I just do not understand all your requirements beyond the initial installation and do not want to install or make changes that I do not understand what they will do to my computer in case I do them or do them wrong.

Larry/spinker

I am running all of ORBX  addons and all REX addons.

Larry/spinker

as well as windows 7

Forgot,

Thank you for your reply

When you get the blue screen it alsi displays a message stating which module caused the crash.

You might also have a look at the Events viewer from windows. You can find it in Control Panel>Adminstative Tools>Events.

Have a look at the last wntries that show an exclamation mark in a red triangle. This gives you also an indication what caused the crash. It gives you a memory address and also names the module thag caused that.

Once you have that info google that and you will probably find an answer.

Hope this helps.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9500 mit Tapatalk

Are you only running 6 gigs of RAM?  If you are running high level on ORBX and REX textures then you may be getting some memory issues happening.

Ebo,

I have  looked at my event viewer have no idea what it is telling me. Thanks for your reply.

rstough,

Dont really understand but if 6 gigs of RAM may be the problem then why does FSX "only" crash while in

REX Architec.

How much RAM do you recommend.I will check amount of RAM with my service contractor.

Please try to stay with me as I really would like to, use this program.

Is running with my "administrator" program sufficient ? Do I still have to follow the extended instructions after installing the REX program. If so I may have to call upon my support person to follow your instructions for installation at a cost of $100.00 or more.

Your answers are important to me.

Larry/spinker

Edited by spinker

Could you perhaps write down the exact message you receive it will give you a number and also a module or programme that caused the issue.

I would use 8GB of RAM at a minimum, but since you have a triple channel motherboard I would do 3x4GB (12GB) if you are going to upgrade. However, we definitely need the exact error message as Ebo mentioned in order to determine if that's necessary.

I'm not sure what you mean be "extended instructions," but all you need to do is run the program as administrator.

I have looked at the blue screen  and do not see anything that looks like any thing i would understand same for event viewer,

I am seeing numerous entrys in my registry file. I understand registry entries can cause blue screen failures.

Now looking into uninstall showing add remove programs.

Need to know how and where to find all locatiions where REX Weather Architect has installed files to include registries entries.

Blue screens are showing up on all FSX flights beyond those affecting RWA flights.

NOTE:

I have also found another user having the same blue screen problems (see below)

"Since then I have had the blue screen of death two or three times.  The few other times I have seen BSD (not including while running FSX)
the memory dump took a few seconds, but this time around the full memory dump took minutes, not seconds to complete. 
Now a flight beyond 20 to 25 minutes brings uncontrollable artifacts and I end up closing FSX before it completely freezes. 
Basically everything else works/runs fine on my computer other than Firefox not wanting to open at times,
not entirely sure if it is related or not."

Spinker

spinker

If you want to unistall programmes completely including registry entries, may I suggest to use the free IOBit Uninstaller. It uninstalls your programme and then you have an option to Powerclean. What that feature does it scans your registry for items that are related to the program and then offers you a list of entries to delete. Confirm the ones you want to delete and it cleans the entries for you.

Afterwards if you are still concerned run Ccleaner | Registry and it will scan your registry and delete what ever is not relevant.

Reboot and you should be fine.

BSOD are tricky generally it will give you some indication of what module caused the crash. Usually a name with underscore in it. It also saves a crash dump file that will give you all the information as well.

I often had crashes on Steam games. Although there you never see the blue screen, the PC just reboots, but I found that these are in actual fact also BSODs. After upgrading, or often downgrading the graphic drivers solved the problem.

I se you have a Nvidia card. If your signature is up to date, then I would urgently urge you to download the latest driver for your card from nvidia.co.uk.  The current driver versions are in the 350 range and you still have the 270. Run the driver installer, go to Custom and tick the check box Clean Install. This will delete all your profiles and drivers and installs the latest full version.

they can also be caused by faulty RAM chips.

Thanks for the info I am looking into IOBIT now.

Also now have the latest nvidia drver 355.60

I will also be waiting for reply from REX support.

My note about "extended instructions" was found in the REX Weather manual.

Spinker

Edited by spinker

Getting back to the BSD, this is not an issue with REX.  BSD is usually associated with device driver issue, hard drive failing, memory failing, or a memory issue.   This can be aggravated by over taxing your system.

I would need to know your settings within REX WA as well as are you running ORBX and FSX scenery at maximum level.

I am not here to criticize your REX WA program I am only here to ask for help to fix this problem, nor do I expect that you will fix the problem for me.

Something must have gone wrong during the original install of REX WA or during the setup for my 1st user defined file which was Pago Intl.

Since I have not had any blue screen problems up until now, I can only assume that my blue screen problem is somehow related to something gone wrong within REX WA.

I have since tried other user setups all crashing to a blue screen as well as other random FSX flights. My hope is to try to delete all the files installed for REX WA.

I see that there is an add/remove program for REX WA.

Can you tell me what does this remove? Add remove files do not always remove all files.

Where do files generated for chosen weather files install too, do they remain there when flight location is no longer used?

I am trying to remove every file installed by REX WA including many registry files, I have found 40 REX WA entry's searching my registry. should they be there, or can they be removed?

All I need is some help to identify where installation program installed its files too.

Can you let me know what settings within REX WA you are looking for.

I am running ORBX and FSX. FSX would be at a maximum level but that has been for a number of years.

Are there any other suggestions of where files would be located that I can remove.

I will try to answer any questions you may have.

These are my computer specs;

FSX Simulation

Video Nvidea GeForce |GTX 770 1G--Nvidia Driver: 355.60| OS Win 7 Pro 64 bit | CPU Intel Core i7-960 OC 4.2| Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R |
RAM G.SKILL PI Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600| Corsair H70 Water Cooling
|E: Drive (for FSX) SSHD HYBRID 4TB OCZ OCZSSD2 |C: Drive 1TB WD | Power Supply: Corsair 750 watt | Case: Thermaltake M9

Thank You
Spinker

Edited by spinker

Hi Spinker. I  don't see any reference to your WA order number or place of purchase in your signature. However, I will attempt to explain where the WA files are located.

1. In the directory you installed it of course. This will be removed by using the control panel.

2.In your documents folder, click on the REX4TD folder and you will find another folder labeled WA. Delete that folder only.

3. Run a registry cleaner such as Ccleaner. It's free. This should clear your registry of any files left over there.

BSOD may be caused my many things. Sometimes they are difficult to pinpoint. I had a heck of a time with an AI program causing it when I loaded a certain schedule I sometimes would get the BSOD. Since I am a beta tester for the program I keep checking to see what it was. It turned out to be a certain AI aircraft that was corrupt and every time that aircraft would be located or show up where I was flying, FSX would crash to BSOD. Removed the aircraft from scenery directory for this program and it stopped happening.

What I am saying is that it can be something that simple but very hard to find.

Always reboot your computer after performing the above steps and before reinstalling WA.

Another trick after remove everything is to type Rex Weather Architect into the search box above your start button.

Good luck.

Bob G.

@Bob - Thank you you covered where files would be installed.

@Spinker - I didn't take what you said as a critic of REX. Bob answered you question in regards to file locations go.  I noticed that you system may be overclocked.  Have you thought about removing that.  We had a couple of customers way in the beginning of REX that had systems OC and it actually caused issues. 

To add to what Reed said about overclocking. If you change the voltage in bios, that may cause it. If you set the OC to frequency that is too high that may cause overheating of your CPU and system shutdown. When you OC your system it is a must that you use an app like Prime 95 to test your OC under all conditions for 24 hours.

Hope this helps.

PLEASE READ........Some answers to your questions and observations.

My overclocking was done 4 years ago with the help of an experienced fellow simmer. At that time we ran a number of stress tests to determine the stability of what we set
up and It has been running properly for 4 years now I see no reason not to continue using it nor do I believe it is causing BSODs.

I have not had any BSOD for many years. My BSOD happened during my "FIRST" flight in REX WA using a user setup weather system and has continued to cause BSOD on
on a regular basis since. It now causes BSODs on all FSX flights

REX 4 WEATHER ARCHITECT  REX STORE INVOICE #IN006188

I see no reason to look elsewhere to blame the problem when it was obviously caused by something gone wrong with REX WA.
I am not saying there is something wrong with REX WA but probably due to something I may have done during the install or setting up my 1st flight with user weather
I have included in my setup.

@ BOBG  I did a full search for "REX4TD" was not able to find the file in the documents folder or anywhere.
Before I start I want to be able to remove ALL instances of REX WA hopefully to remove whatever is causing BSODs.
Also I found 40 instances of REX WA in the registry using regedit if CCleaner does not remove them should they be removed manually?

I assume I will still have more questions, please stay with me if you have the time.

Spinker

Edited by spinker

I have to say I am scratching my head on this.  I am not sure how WA could be the cause, but more revealing a bigger problem.  If you have more questions feel free to ask them.  We will do our best to answer them.

We are continuing to monitor this topic for possible further action.

I am wondering whether the CPU has not taken some damage running for 4 years in OC mode. Always working over the desinged capacity can take its toll.

I would be great to see at leastt some message to pinpoint the problem.

BSODs generate a dump file. See whether you can locate it. Open it with a text editor and see whegher you can see something about a module that csused the crash.

Without that info we are just guessing.

If you cannot locate the BSOD dump etc, we can always do a one-on-one session with you on your computer to diagnose the issue.

To clarify, are you saying that now you are getting BSODs on flights even when you are NOT running REX WA?

Hello,

@ REX_support ....Yes I was getting BSODs on all my FSX flights.

BUT I uninstalled REX WA and no longer getting BSODs they seem to have been eliminated.

i will be watching for them.

I think you  can consider this closed

i want to thank everyone that participated in this problem

Spinker

Edited by spinker

CUSTOMER REPORT FOLLOWS:

Just thought I would let you know that I have corrected the blue screen problem completly. I have been trying to find a solution since my last talk with you.

Since then I could not continue a  flight for more tham 5 to 8 minutes, just constant crashes, very discouraging. Started thinking about reinstalling FSX a major project because of all that I have installed into FSX for example 900 airports etc.

I had also been checking with Event Viewer and finaly found 2 entrys they were "papycpu2" "papyjoy" since the Blue Screen crashes were my first flight using a flight to Pago Pago which I thought was close in name but was not the problem.

I then realized that I have a program installed called "Nascar Racing 2003" This program was created by a company called

"Papyrus" there it was  "papycpu2" "papyjoy" I deleted this Nascar program and ended all my Blue Screen crashes.

This is now closed