teeroy66

RESOLVED REX will not start after install

Hello a few days ago I got a virus on my PC, a nasty little bug called Help_Decrypt which was attached to every single file on my PC, on three seperate drives. Neither my AVG virus software or malwarebytes could locate and removed the files. Installing ESET NOD32 however, did the trick....However, FSX could no longer run and kept giving me a sound.dll error. Uninstalling/reinstalling FSX SP1 and SP2 did not resolve the problem so I was forced to uninstall FSX...Nevertherless, REX4 texture worked just fine at this point.

So I uninstalled and reinstalled FSX on the same dedicated SSD drive which was securely erased first, but not before I had removed all previous installation of any programs or addons that ran with FSX, including REX 4 texture direct which was installed on my C:\ root directory...not in Programs File(86). Currently, FSX  with many of its addons is running beautifully.

After FSX installation I went to my email found the REXstore product download which was purchased in January of this year. Proceeded to download (rextexturedirect_SP4). This downlaoded a very quick setup.exe file. When I ran this, it installed REX Download Manager. I ran the downlaod manager, selected my product, entered my key  and took more than 3hrs to download. NOTE: Before I reinstalled FSX or or attempted to install REX, I disabled, AVG, Malwarebytes and NOD32 and double checked to make sure windows firewall was still disabled...It was. I ran REX installation, it completed and I ran it....What I got was a white splash screen and nothing else. Task manager indicated that it was not responding. I verified once again that nothing was blocking REX and there wasn't. I checked the REX files that were downloaded and what I saw was four (CAB files, 1,2,3,4, rextexture_2014120msi and setup.exe). So I uninstalled and reinstalled again...same thing...

I decided to try the old files, that were downloaded way back in January. I was hesitant at first thinking it could be damaged somehow from the virus, but I noiced a distinct difference between the two downloaded packages. The one downloaded in January of this year contained more cab files. (CABS 1,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,110,111, rextexture_2014120msi and setup.exe)....Looking at the numbers, it appeared that both packages have some missing files.....In any case, I installed this package without errors, ran it and a white splash screen...not responding

So now the question is, are files in fact missing and how can I download REX full package and get it up and running today......hopefully?

By the way, I want to point out that when I ran REX aftrer installation on both packages, there was a splash screen with REX clouds etc, and showed that it was finalizing initialization. AFter that completed, then I got the white splash square box. Hope this isnt confusing

See attached images

Thanks

Troy

post-77955-0-96239600-1440086808_thumb.j

post-77955-0-68848100-1440086809_thumb.j

Edited by teeroy66

Hi,

I marked this topic as TIER 2 REVIEW. Please wait patiently while we review your support topic.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please try the following steps first:

1.) Make sure your UAC (User Account Control) is set to never notify.

2.) Make sure REX has inbound/outbound access via your firewall software.

3.) Make sure REX has exclusion rights within your Antivirus software.

4.) Make sure you right click the REX icon and select "Run As Administrator"

Let me know how this goes.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please try the following steps first:

1.) Make sure your UAC (User Account Control) is set to never notify.

2.) Make sure REX has inbound/outbound access via your firewall software.

3.) Make sure REX has exclusion rights within your Antivirus software.

4.) Make sure you right click the REX icon and select "Run As Administrator"

Let me know how this goes.

1.) My UAC account is never enabled

2.) REX has been enaled in microsoft inbound/outbound firewall. NONE of the software I have comes with a firewall. I opted not to pay for those

3.) REX has exclisions in all virus software already and spyware software

4.) I always install and run every program a admin.

So in regards to my other concern, I listed contents of two different packages of REX Texture Direct software that was downloaded and I need to know if at least one of them is the full package? Also, I have already uninstall REX for the hundreth time and will like to install it again, but only as soon as you tell me that one of the pacakges is entact.

The cab number is not an issue.  The current download manager has been moved to only 4 cab files.  Easiler to manage on our end.

DOWNLOAD AND UNZIP THE SQLPROCESS.ZIP FILE -

http://www.mediafire.com/download/58isekbo1e4avzu/sqlprocess.zip

RUN AS ADMINSTRATOR THE sqlprocess.bat file. Each process has a pause before the next process run so you will need to hit the return button for the next process to run.

The cab number is not an issue.  The current download manager has been moved to only 4 cab files.  Easiler to manage on our end.

DOWNLOAD AND UNZIP THE SQLPROCESS.ZIP FILE -

http://www.mediafire.com/download/58isekbo1e4avzu/sqlprocess.zip

RUN AS ADMINSTRATOR THE sqlprocess.bat file. Each process has a pause before the next process run so you will need to hit the return button for the next process to run.

HEY IT WORKS NOW!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

You guys are great and have awesome support. Now I'm off to buy Soft Clouds :)

Thanks for everything

p.s. I ran the bat file and I also ran Ashampoo reg cleaner, which found an old installation of REX4 inside a previous installation of  FSX. I removed it and everything worked after that.

Edited by teeroy66

That is great to hear and thank you for your kind words.  Have a great weekend.

I will mark this resolved.