rparson99

REX 4 | Texture Direct - Suggestion Box

Suggestion...REX TextDirect:  The ability to enter an airport code and have the sky/clouds be approximated automatically is good!  To have the other area's randomly changed in the theme is not so good.  There should be a way to shut those random selections off - maybe a way to lock textures so they stick and remain unchanged in a theme when entering the airport code.  That would be nice!

I spoke with Reed about your initial suggestion a few months ago. It would be easy enough to create cumulative updates except for the fact that the Texture Updates actually make special modifications to the SQL database that prevent this from being feasible. I personally find it bothersome myself, but at this time of writing there isn't a solution that we have found.

The latter issue is usually a confusion between O (letter) and 0 (number). This is why we recommend copying and pasting the serial key, it is a good practice when installing software.

Edited by REX_Support

My suggestions after using REX4 Texture Direct along with Softclouds in P3Dv3:

1. each time I start REX4 TD, I can not see which textures are currently installed in P3Dv3. There is a green triangle on the upper left corner of the selected texture, but this is always on the first texture. I suggest, that you put this green triangle (or another colour) only on the texture that is actually used in P3Dv3. It would make it easier, to improve the own texture set, as I sometimes, if I do not change the textures for some weeks, forget which one I installed...

2. Why I have to press "Cancel" each and every time after installing a texture is far beyond my understanding. For me, there is absolutely no need in the window with the question whether or not to start the sim after each and every texture installation. It would be sufficient to ask when one installs full themes only.

That's basically it. The two suggestions would greatly enhance the comfort of REX4 without any big changes to be done. The first point is really extremely annoying, as it was already like that in Softclouds standalone and it simply does not make sense at all to have a green indication of which texture is selected inside the texture tool, but no indication which texture is currently installed in the sim.

Regards

Chris