rstough

REX 4 | Weather Architect - Suggestion Box

Hello everyone -

First, let me say from all of us at REX Game Studios, we greatly appreciate all the input we hear from our customers.

Therefore, we decided to offer this section to allow "you" our customer to give us your ideas for improvements or new features.

Thank you in advance!!

Sincerely,

REX Game Studios - Development Team

Don't know if this is possible but here it goes. Better rain effect to make stormy weather more challenging to land at a busy airport

Here is  a challenge   for you guys  which  iam pretty  sure  your unable  but  here  goes, have the wxr work in pmdg aircraft ::), and my other  one  be able  to  just have no rain clouds  option

Edited by pete_auau

Well we did have a discussion with PMDG on Thursday and it went very well.  It will be some time in that we have to finish the core of our new weather engine before we can approach them.

HOWEVER, remember we are still working on a radar gauge with MILVIZ - "WX Advantage Radar".  It is going to be accurate as well as work in ANY aircraft AND any weather engine.

Don't know if this is possible but here it goes. Better rain effect to make stormy weather more challenging to land at a busy airport

Hmmmm ;)

My post in the WA forum got deleted. Anyways, my suggestion was to allow creating a cell without precipitation, so just have cloud cover, and also to be able to erase weather similar to the eraser in MS Paint.

Edited by ribeiroj
  • Like 1

Hi ribeiroj,

Thank you for your feedback!

To clarify, your post was not removed, it was moved to our private 'suggestions' forum where the developers can keep track of them. 

This suggestion box here was started after your initial post.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your suggestions here.  We are compiling our feature list for Service Pack 1.

Personally, I like #1, but #2 could be problematic for users who prefer to run their own texture themes instead of letting WA decide for them, so it's something we'll have to consider.

First I will mention, with the season you change that setting in FSX. This goes for all REX weather products; the season setting does not affect REX weather. This would be critical for, as an example, setting it to winter in order to see snow on the runways.

Of course, if you what you mean by changing seasons is setting the appropriate temperature for arctic regions, then that is on our suggestion list already. As for temp adjustment per cells, that may be coming as well down the road (it's likely).

Thank you for your feedback.

• Like 1

Hello,

I was surprised to not be able to edit a saved theme and forced to start again the definition. So it would be really great if we can have this feature for the next Service Pack. I saw this same idea in another thread... ::)

I would like to see a smooth gradual transition from one weather pattern to the next. Currently the weather patterns change almost as if someone were flicking a light switch on and off. They are too rapid in my opinion. I would also like to see a zoom on the country weather screen for greater weather placement accuracy. Great product otherwise. Keep up the good work!!