pete_auau

ANSWERED Weather Architect Question

Hi need   some  one to push me over  the edge  to purchase  this.  Got  one  question  whats the difference  of getting  this  than using  fsx  customizing  weather options  where  you can set your own weather  as well?

I don't think you can have FSX set the weather to have different weather conditions at a certain place. WA allow you to create weather anywhere in the world if you like, or just locally. You can have it start out to be foggy and 0 vis. at then as you fly you can create ahead of time a heavy storm with high winds. You can create as much or as little weather that you want for a particular theme, load it and fly. You don't have to create weather as you fly.

As the saying goes ...You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink.

Weather Architect will also produce better visual results since its built to use our textures more efficiently. Plus, you don't need FSX weather stations present to inject WA weather, meaning you can produce weather over oceans etc.

Let me just say that this program is worth it .

sure you can muck about setting weather through fsx but this program is so easy and intuitive to use and the results are an exact representation of what you paint on the UI and you can save your weather themes!

REX you guys hit the ball out of the park on this one

Thank you for your kind words.  Glad to hear you enjoy it.

Pete - Tim might have already answered this personally, but I thought I would chime in here.   The process of creating weather within FSX is just clunky.  Plus, you are limited by the stations that are there.  Also, you really have no means to share it with others.

With Weather Architect it is as simple drawing your weather.  You do have the option to custom each cell you draw, but it is more smooth.  In addition, you can create weather ANYWHERE in the world.  I have flown a flight from EGLL to KJFK with full weather in the middle of the ocean in the middle of no where.  You can't do that in any other Weather Engine or in FSX.

Thank you for your kind words.  Glad to hear you enjoy it.

Pete - Tim might have already answered this personally, but I thought I would chime in here.   The process of creating weather within FSX is just clunky.  Plus, you are limited by the stations that are there.  Also, you really have no means to share it with others.

With Weather Architect it is as simple drawing your weather.  You do have the option to custom each cell you draw, but it is more smooth.  In addition, you can create weather ANYWHERE in the world.  I have flown a flight from EGLL to KJFK with full weather in the middle of the ocean in the middle of no where.  You can't do that in any other Weather Engine or in FSX.

Can you set weather that is not rain or snow. ie, say, a fog bank near an airport?

Looking at the weather cell examples, they seem to be primarily focused on setting storms of various intensity & characteristics.

Thank you

TTM

Edited by Cumulus7

yes  you can set only   fog   at your airport  just select the  fog option and nothing  else