fehilly4

RESOLVED REX 4 With Soft Clouds Crashing

Hi there,

I have just recently bought REX4 but im having issues.

The program opens fine but when i navigate into the setting menu the FSX instillation path is empty. When i go into search for the FSX path REX freezes. I am running REX as an administrator and have checked my anti virus isn't blocking anything.

Any ideas?

Im running Windows 7 64bit

Intel i7

16gb Ram

Thank you

David

Hi mate

Do you have FSX installed outside of the program files??

ie C:\FSX. having it installed using program files path can cause security issues.also applies to REX products.

steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply!

FSX is install on a different drive from the OS and is not in the program files folder.

REX 4 is crashing as soon as i try enter the directory path. Wont even get as far at the FSX directory. Occasionally and cash log will appear on screen but quite rarely.

Thanks

Have reinstalled a few times but no luck.

When i first load up REX after reinstalling the FSX directory path is automatically inputted. When i try to use any functions the program crashes and when it is reopened the directory is missing again and back to square 1.

Anybody got any idea? Getting frustrated now! haha

Please do the following:

STEPS FOR GIVING FULL CONTROL:

1 - Right click on the REX main folder (i.e C:\REX...) and click on the Properites option

2 - Click on the Security Tab, and select your user profile in the list provided. Click the EDIT button to give Full Control rights. Then click the APPLY button and OK button to complete your action.

3 - Perform steps 1 and 2 on your main FSX or P3D folders.

IF YOU DO NOT SEE YOUR USER PROFILE NAME WITHIN THE LIST PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING:

From the Security Tab Window

1 - Click the EDIT button, then click the ADD button.

2 - In the new pop-up window "Select Users and Groups", click the ADVANCED button.

3 - In the new pop-up window click the "FIND NOW" button. In the list below select your user name you log into windows that has Administrative Rights.

4 - Click the OK button, the click the OK button again.

5 - Then in the list in the "Permissions..." window select the name you added and give Full Control rights.

6 - Then click the APPLY button and OK button.

7 - Perform steps 1 - 6 on your main FSX or P3D folders.

ADDITIONAL STEPS FOR REX ESSENTIAL USERS

1 - Where REX is installed right click on the BGLC.exe file and select the Properties option.

2 - On the pop-up window check the option "Run As Administrator". Then click the OK button.