Sign in to follow this  
High Iron

CLOSED .NET Error

Hi, I wanted to chime in on this as I too am now receiving this error on a regular basis. It started doing it about 3 days ago, and it's getting worse. It is happening after the simulator has loaded. I can either "continue" or "quite" the process. Selecting "quite" shuts down REX, selecting "continue" will sometime keep repeating the error, or sometimes the message stops popping up and the weather loads. It doesn't seem to matter what aircraft is loaded. Sometimes I receive the message, sometimes I don't. I'm using Window 7 64 Ultimate. I haven't changed anything hardware or system wise for quite some time and never had this error before. I had installed some Latin VFR airports about 2 weeks ago, but the problem never presented its self then, so I'm not sure what is happening. There's no file left in the error log folder either. I un-installed the .Net 4 framework, and re-installed the latest version, but the problem persists.

Cheers,

Thad

Thank you for taking the time to post about your issue. We separated your post from another customer's topic so we can better assist you directly.

As I suggested in the other topic, run the SimConnect.msi file located in the REX folder. It is required for P3D 2.5.

Hi Galen,

I ran the SimConnect.msi file located in the the REX folder as suggested. I was able to run Prepar3D about 4 times without any issue, however today when I ran Perpar3D the .NET error came up again and the simulator crashed. It had to be closed through the Task Manager.

I've attached the error message that was given if it provides any help to you.

Cheers,

Thad

REX NET Error.txt

Interesting indeed. Can you please post a screenshot of the General page of the Configuration Manager inside REX? In addition, see if there are any error logs in the ErrorLog folder located in the REX folder.

Hi Galen, I have included the screenshot of the General page of the Configuration Manager inside REX.

The ErrorLog folder located within REX is empty.

Cheers,

Thad

post-40270-0-59981700-1432937865_thumb.j

Just to make sure, have you tried running P3D without REX running to see if it has issues then?

Which weather mode are you using in REX: WXPLUS or Standard mode?

I have run P3D without REX running and there is no .NET error message within the simulator or in the Windows Event logs when P3D stops working.

I am using the WXPLUS mode in REX.

Cheers,

Thad

I switched REX over to Standard Mode and have continued testing. I was beginning to believe the issue was possibly resolved, but today after loading Prepar3D the .NET error came up again with REX as the source.

I can confirm the problem has not been solved.

Cheers,

Thad

Have you tried to just reinstall REX over again. Maybe something has become corrupt?  Also, did you upgrade REX from a previous version or is it a fresh full install?  Finally, what is the build # of the version of REX do you have installed - this is found on the ABOUT window.

Hi Reed,

My current REX build is 3.8.2014.1211. It was an upgrade from previously installed versions. I haven't tried removing it and re-installing again. I am currently re-downloading REXEssentialPlusSP3.zip now from the Flightsim Store right now to try a fresh install. I assume this is the most current version available to download from my FSS account.

Cheers,

Thad

Well now it appears I have a bigger mess than I anticipated. I've tried removing REX Essentials Plus Overdrive through the Control Panel program uninstaller and it is unable to be uninstalled. I decided to remove all the REX weather products from REX Real Environment Extreme Essential, REX Essentials Plus Overdrive, REX 4 Texture Direct, REX Soft Clouds and all their associated Service Packs and Hotfixes. None of them will properly uninstall and and REX Real Environment Extreme Essential puts out an error message when trying to remove it. It looks like the whole mess has been created with all the upgrades and merges over the years. I manually have deleted the folders where I could find them, even searched through the registry to locate and delete entries but to no avail. I simply cannot remove the 13 icons from the uninstall feature of Programs and Features.

I have run a registry cleaner to try to help and have restarted the computer but nothing has worked. I need help with this.

Cheers,

Thad

Thad, download CCLEANER. Run that, and within the application there is an area to remove those.

Hi Tim,

Thanks I downloaded it and was able to get rid of all the icons except one. I'm still unable to remove "Real Environment Xtreme Essential". I'm unable to delete it as it says it can not delete an .msi file. When I try to uninstall or repair it, it errors saying it can not find "rexess_20120522.msi" and can not continue and it aborts the process. Since this is a old version of your software I no longer have the installer to try to repair it to place the file so I can remove it. I'm stuck on this one.

Cheers,

Thad

Please email me at: r_stough@realenvironmentxtreme.com

Also within your email please provide a link to this forum post so that I can refer back to it.

Thank you!

Was waiting and checking for a response for the previous week but hadn't seen one, so I stopped checking in daily. The issue has not been resolved. I still have not installed a clean REX version until I can remove this final file.

An email has been sent.

Cheers,

Thad

Is REX still showing in your Control Panel -> Program list?

If so you might want to try IOBit Uninstaler

http://www.iobit.com/en/products.php

Or Microsoft's Fix It program:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/program_install_and_uninstall

We are continuing to monitor this topic for possible further action.

Everything (13 icons) reverted back to showing in under the Control Panel-> Program list, after I thought I had removed 12 of them, as they did not show after running CCleaner, but they appear to have come back.

I ran the Microsoft's Fix program and was able to successfully uninstall all the icons including the "Real Environment Xtreme Essential" offender.

However,

After downloading both new REX Extreme Plus and REX 4 Texture Direct Plus Soft Clouds files from my FSS account, I tried to install the REX Extreme Plus. It proceeds to the part where it is copying and updating files but then stops and rolls back the installer. A message indicates a error occurred, but not what error. A second attempt resulted in the same thing. I tried running the Texture Direct installer and it too aborted and rolled back part way through the installation.

I am currently unable to get either program installed now as the installers roll back part way through the process.

Cheer,

Thad

I have tried everything that I can think as possible, but still can not get REX Essentials Plus SP3 to install. I have ensured I am running as administrator and have run multiple diagnostics across my system indicating no errors. The installation always stops and then rolls back when it gets to the end of the "copying files" status. I've included the errors that are in the Event Log of Windows.

Cheers,

Thad

post-40270-0-67077800-1435803112_thumb.j

Error Message.rtf

Error Message 2.rtf

I have sent you instructions via email. Please review them and let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for your patience.

This support topic is currently being handled via email between a customer and the developers.

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?

Sign in to follow this