sfreeby

RESOLVED How many computers am I allowed to install REX TD and Soft Clouds On?

I'm having a new computer built that I'm going to want to have Prepar3d v.2 installed on.  I have a STEAM account for FSX on my old computer.   I have a purchased single copies of REX Essen + OD, REX4 TD, and REX Soft Clouds.  I had a problem with the install of Soft Clouds and had to wipe my hard drive clean and start over.  I'm going to get the new computer in a few weeks and wanted to see if the hard drive/reinstall of W7 worked so that I can now download and install all my REX Products on my old machine (which has FSX STEAM).  I wanted to know if I had to uninstall all my REX products from my old machine when my new computer gets here (so that I'd be able to install all my REX products on the new machine) or does my purchase of the products allow for installation on two computers used in my own home?  I want to be proper in all my dealings with your fine products.  Scott Freeby

Hi there Scott,

There is no limit to the serial number usage. We allow you to use REX on all computers that you personally own.

I sent a message to REX Support the other day and I've only received a message that says I sent my message correctly.  It was in regard to my purchase of SOFT CLOUDS to be added to my REX 4 Texture Direct.  The message was: "I have had nothing but trouble with this download. I am frustrated and confused. Every time since I had to wipe my hard drive clean and do a complete re-install of Windows 7 so that I could get the Microsoft.netFramework 4.5 (which was already installed on my computer but Soft clouds install said I needed to erase it and re-install it) I have not been able to download it from the site. Now it says "your number of installs is finished or exceeded or something. HELP. I have been working to try to solve this problem since January 5th (actually the 1st of Jan) or there about. I have paid for a product from your shop that will not install on my computer no matter how exact I follow your directions to do so. I need to have my "number of installs" reset to the number that I should be allowed after I download it once - which should have worked. I've spent $79.00 and quite a bit of time to have this $10.95 program install on my computer. I would like you to help me or give me step by step instructions as to how you think the issue can be resolved. I've been emailing and participating in forum discussions - everyone else seems to be getting their problem solved - not me. Still waiting patiently, but after almost a month, my patience is running thin. Scott Freebysfreeby1@gmail.com 

Can you possibly help me with this?  Scott 
Order ID: MHFYEJVNZ
Product: REX Soft Clouds with Service Pack 1 (stand alone application only)

Hi,

I marked this topic as UNDER DEVELOPER REVIEW. Please wait patiently while we review your support topic.

I don't know which "REX Support" you're referring to. We're right here. What do you mean by that statement?

I'm very sorry that your issue has gone unresolved for so long. I understand it's a frustrating thing to spend money on a product and not get it to work right.

If you want to reset your downloads, email Reed Stough at: r_stough@realenvironmentxtreme.com

If you have any further issues, please post them here. This is our official, Tier 1 support. I say this because we want to provide you with the best customer support we can, but if you use an unofficial means of support first (that is, not in this forum) we cannot guarantee it. I want you to have the best customer experience.

I have had a dialogue going with Reed Stough.  The problem was not resolved through him.  I've just e-mailed him again to respectfully request that my downloads be reset as you suggest.  The "REX Support" I was referring to included the hyperlink to REX through the Soft Clouds purchase receipt, Tim Fucchs, Reed Strough and now Galen Kingsley.  I will do my best to see that any future trouble will be contained to asking questions via this support site or to whomever I'm directed to contact (i.e., Reed Stough).  As I told Reed in my e-mail to him: After I send this e-mail I'm going to try downloading REX 4TD (I have a purchased copy on my machine) and add the Soft Clouds via the installation Serial number that I'd been given from the first time I attempted to download.  I doubt it will work because of the "exhausted downloads" but I'm going to give it a try.  Please respond with the actions you've taken (i.e., resetting the downloads) or the procedures you'd like me to try to get the install to work.   I'll e-mail you back to let you know if this latest attempt of mine was successful or not.  Thanks, Scott Freeby

Success - I downloaded the REX package that allowed me to input my serial number for my soft clouds purchase and it installed!  (Still got error messages from the previous downloaded file where I was trying to just install Soft Clouds from the download).  I have a question though... I see the soft clouds "whisp by the wings" of some of the videos about soft clouds.  I do not see that performance in my soft clouds package.  I think I'm seeing soft clouds - I installed a low-level package that said "soft clouds" and the clouds look pretty neat, but there is no "whispy effect" like I see in the videos about soft clouds.  Also, there is no shading from the soft clouds on the ground textures.  I'm wondering if I have to have Prepar3d v.2 for that - if I have to utilize Direct X 11 to see the clouds cast shadows on the ground?  

The video is of Soft Clouds in Prepar3D which offers clouds shadows.   The wispy effect may be from a specific version of soft cloud set.  There are 16 versions of soft clouds to choose from.  I would recommend that you try different versions.  Also, can you post your FSX Scenery settings to make sure you are set up properly.