sfreeby

RESOLVED Do I need to Uninstall/Reinstall REX E+O or can I Re-direct the Path for FSX SE?

I've been searching for information about FSX Steam Edition and REX Ess+Overdrive.  I found a way to re-direct my installed MegaScenerey 2.0 files so they now work in FSX SE, but I'm confused about if I can do that with REX E+O.  The last time I had to re-install REX it took a month of Sundays to complete.  Is there a proceedure list of "HOW TO" on the uninstall/re-install or "How To" on re-directing the path of REX E+O so that it now works in FSX Steam Edition?  I also have REX 4 TEXTURE DIRECT and would appreciate any similar information about Uninstalling/Re-installing or Re-Directing.  Thank you so much for any help you can extend to me.  I appreciate the wonderful product and am eager to get flying in the beautiful skys again!  Scott Freeby sfreeby1@gmail.com

Scott,

This is not as hard as you are expecting.

Open REX

Go to the CONFIG MANAGER

Go to the GENERAL tab

Within the field to located your Flight Simulator preference, click BROWSE. Locate the MAIN FSX Steam folder.

That's it!

I see the exact cloud formation that I saw before REX E+O was configured for REX Steam Ed. I don't know if it is injecting. When I turned REX off previously, the clouds would show on the weather engine screen. Now the screen is blank even though there were clouds in the sim just before quitting. Do I need to reinstall REX 4 textures so that they find FSX Steam Ed?

First of all, to answer your REX 4 question, yes the procedure is the same as Tim described.

What is the FULL path that you have entered in the REX Essentials configuration manager? Which weather mode are you using?

I did follow the same proceedure for REX 4 and I got it to work - the look of the Airport textures (runway especially) gave no doubt that REX 4 was up and running in the sim.  I'm not sure what, if anything, I did differently, but the weather engine seems to be working now (as of Jan 2, 2015).  When I exit REX, the clouds show on the weather engine screen again.  I'm not sure if I'm tracking on your question to me about "the weather mode," but I did locate an airport in Switzerland by its call sign, injected the described weather, and when I flew there, the weather seemed to match the description given.  Thanks for your prompt response.  I appreciate your willingness to help.  I'm on to another problem now, my "set-up" program for REX Soft Clouds fails on every attempt.  The "error text" that shows after I click "next" after putting in the serial number that was provided by REX indicates that the serial number is incorrect and that's why it shuts down. 

I believe you can mark my question of "Do I need to Uninstall/Reinstall" as SOLVED.  Thank you so much!  Scott