warhead505

CLOSED textures don't change

Hello,

I have installed FSX steam and have the following issue using REX essential + HD.

When i press fly now, REX closes and starts my game, but when the game starts it brings me just to the menu of flightsim. When i press flynow in my menu it loads but the textures don't change, it's still the old textures from fsx. only the weather works?

I have tried a fresh install, no avail. Can someone please help.

post-86118-0-43954000-1419857082_thumb.p

Edited by warhead505

Hi there,

First of all, it looks like the DPI setting isn't set to 100%, which is why the GUI is somewhat distorted.

Can you please post a screenshot of your main Configuration Manager page?

In addition, please add the following additional information to your signature; this will help us to understand your system specs so that we may further assist you.

GENERAL REX QUESTIONS
1.) What REX Build # (Located on ABOUT screen)?
2.) What Weather Mode (WX PLUS/STANDARD)?
3.) Installed Full Version or Upgraded from Previous Version?
4.) Confirm UAC (User Account Control) set to never notify?
5.) Confirm Run REX as Administrator?
6.) Confirm RATE AT WHICH WEATHER CHANGES OVER TIME in FSX/P3D is set to none?

WINDOWS SET UP QUESTIONS

1.) Which Windows Operating System?
2.) RAM memory size?
3.) Video card and memory size?
4.) Overclocking?
5.) Total hard drive space?
6.) Using REX in a network or not?
7.) Which version of Flight Simulator installed (including service packs)?
8.) Internet connection active or not?
9.) Which antivirus software running?
10.) Whether or not firewall running?
11.) Whether or not you are utilizing FSUIPC?
12.) Folder REX is installed?
13.) Folder FSX/P3D installed?

Thank you in advance for this information.

1) REX build version: 3.4.2014.1126

2) Wheather mode: WX plus

3) Installed Full version

4) I have no idea

5) REX runs as admin

6)I have no idea

Can you please post a screenshot of your main Configuration Manager page?

In addition to the screenshot, you should disable UAC and confirm the Rate when Weather Changes is set to None. The latter is a setting within the FSX settings. 

not a problem at all. I'm very grateful for the support. So, i've changed it to default. REX is now giving me a good window. what now?

first make sure you have pointed on where you have your flight sim installed in the configuration section

Than go to your texture section go to each section pick the ones you want  than  press the select option to the right once you made all your selection you can either save  the theme you have made or  you   can just simply press the install, this will take  some time to install depending on your pc once done it will ask you if  you want to fly or not press fly now  and depending if you got your fsx to start with rexe  your flight sim will start    than just go to your airport etc  and depending on what weather addon you got it will load  the textures  you have selected.

other  than this its all explained in the manual

Did everything that should be done or you guys told me to do. This is still not the textures what I should be getting. (see attachment). If i see all the real cockpitphoto's and i compare it to mine, It seems i still have the old fsx textures.

Textures Of the runway etc. don't change either.

post-86118-0-96493200-1420203113_thumb.j

Edited by warhead505

Navigate to your REX folder, locate the ErrorLogs folder. If there are any error logs within there, please post them here. If you cannot attach them, please open the last 10, and copy/paste the contents here.

It seems like something did not get installed correctly by the error messages you are receiving.

I see that you said you installed a full version did you recently purchase REX?

yes i did. Ordered it on 26/12/14.

Just redownloaded REX and reinstalled it. Configured everything but still the textures don't seem to work. Weather does fine. My Anti-virus is not blocking it, checked that already

Since you have a new installation of REX, can you post any error logs, if present?

Also, reading your earlier comment above, be aware that the cockpit is not going to look any better with our textures. Those are aircraft textures, and since we don't develop aircraft you won't see any improvement. If you want a more realistic cockpit, you will need to find suitable add-on aircraft for your liking. However, REX should be modifying the runways, granted that they're selected in the options manager.

Also with the newest version of REX 3 SP3 we do have an installlog.txt file which is located in the main folder where REX is installed.  Please post that file as well.

This support topic is currently being handled via email between a customer and the developers.