glitchmunki

RESOLVED REX4 Textures Not Loading

Hi there guys,

I'm having trouble with REX4 Textures and FSX Steam Edition. I just can't get the textures to load. Here's what I've tried out so far;

• Uninstall and re-install REX4 with anti-virus off
  • Turned off UAC
  • Grant folder permission on REX directory to all users

I'm not entirely sure what I can try next?

Screenshot below:

post-85674-0-37340100-1419123027_thumb.g

Edited by glitchmunki

Hi there,

More screenshots would suffice, of the sky, clouds and airport areas.

I do in fact see REX textures here in your shots, however, are you confusing REX as a terrain product? That first shot looks like you are expecting REX to complete your general worldly terrain textures. It is not that. If you want something that takes care of the earths global textures, you will need to get ORBX Global.

Also, from the shots you post, they look like your settings in FSX and/or your driver software are set extremely low. 

I see, well I guess you would know better than I do! I'm new to this tbh and I didn't really know what to expect in terms of improvement.

My graphics settings are in fact set to ultra high, with the REX settings also set as high as they'll go. Perhaps I am expecting too much from REX. Did you see the screenshot I posted earlier with the sea? I expected the sea to look like the screenshots in the REX theme selector.

Sorry, we as developers forget that there are new folks being introduced daily. 

The sea looks like that in our shots, because it's a known fact that the water shaders in FSX are crap. 

Most, if not everyone I know in the field use FSWC (Flightsim Water Configurator). It's a free utility that does wonders. You can get it here: http://www.strikingsoftware.com/downloads.shtml#dlfswc 

It's the top entry, "FS Water Configurator v 3.15". 

Now, we have NOT tested this with FSX:SE, so I cannot guarantee anything in regards.

I highly suggest looking over our forums as well as outside FS sites to learn how to tweak your sim to make it look its best. There are plenty of places that have this kind of information. Start by seeing this: FSX - Flight Sim Addict - Basic FSX Tweaks For Better Performance

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up about FSWC and tweaking and also the info about OrbX. I'll be sure to give them all a try.

I'll have a play around with the settings and see where I get. :)