avbuff

RESOLVED sp3 and 70+ year old man

could someone kindly help out a 70 + year old man  and sp3 specifically the lat/long setting on the weather surface region do I want smaller region (1x1) or larger say 7x7 for ex. and the weather grid interpolation setting on or off and what exactly does it do if Im reading it correctly (?) it seems the weather surface is distance related and the refresh rate is time related do they work together? ihave read the manuel just don t understand it thet well thanks very much

Hi there,

The weather surface region determines how wide of an area that the weather will load. So a smaller region means that you will see a smaller area of weather, and a large region means a large area of weather generated. If you fly outside of the region, it will reload the weather automatically and reset the weather refresh rate timer. So in other words, weather will refresh either when you fly outside of the region marked, or when the refresh timer activates, whichever comes first. I would experiment with it and see what you like!

The interpolation setting is designed to "fill in the gaps" so to speak beyond the range of your region setting. So it will generate weather on the outskirts of the region for smoother transitions. There is slight accuracy loss with it, but since we are using the new GRIB data it is no longer an appreciable loss.

Let me know if this helps!