andy1252

RESOLVED REX4 Texture Direct - unable to start up ("Program has stopped working"),

Hi,

New install as per instructions, everything goes apparently ok. Attempt to start and get the M/S "Program has stopped working" box. Never even see any REX screens. Uninstalled and reinstalled, same problem. SP1 included with product - couldn't install as produces error message (see attached jpg). Downloaded SP2 and tried that,installed OK but still can't start REX. Error messages from MS dialog box attached.

Win7Pro 64bit, UAC off, installed REX into own directory (C:\REX Texture Direct).

(Apologies in advance if broken any protocols/rules with this post - don't do forums usually)

Thanks,

Andy

REX4 crash.txt

post-85135-0-48140800-1417543481_thumb.j

I'm slightly confused - you said that it installed OK, but that message appears to be a Windows Installer dialog box. Is this error occurring when you try to install Texture Direct or afterward?

Hi Galen,

went all the way through install process apparently OK. REX4 appears as desktop icon, is in start menu and on list of installed programs via control panel. No matter how I choose to try to start it though (icon, menu etc) I get that "Program has stopped working" box and never get to see any sign of the REX pgm itself.

Sorry it's so vague, but that's all I'm getting on screen.

Just tried to start it again, got the same error but looked at the event log. It's showing two events -

First is a .NET Runtime error, event ID 1026 -

Application: rextexturedirect.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 5EB5EE4C

Second is an Application error -

Faulting application name: rextexturedirect.exe, version: 4.2.2014.520, time stamp: 0x537cd8a0
Faulting module name: AppProfiles.dll, version: 1.0.5.5, time stamp: 0x5277f418
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0002ee4c
Faulting process id: 0x1444
Faulting application start time: 0x01d010062255aefd
Faulting application path: C:\REX Texture Direct\rextexturedirect.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\RadeonPro\AppProfiles.dll
Report Id: 61d5d7df-7bf9-11e4-b330-50e54938ce73

I note it mentions a RadeonPro dll, but I've had no other problems with FSX or addons and the vidcard.

If you need any more info let me know,

cheers,

Andy

Hi Galen,

just realised that your comment about the Installer dialog box is referring to the error installing the SP1 patch supplied with my REX download. That Service Pack wouldn't install. The main product itself installed fine, as did the Service Pack 2 I downloaded from the site.

Andy

Sounds like some files may have become corrupt.

Please email me at: r_stough@realenvironmentxtreme.com

Also within your email please provide a link to this forum post so that I can refer back to it.

Thank you!

Customer confirmed disabling the RadeonPro add-on feature and now REX 4 is working fine.