RoxieRoxx

RESOLVED Weather Radar, Weather Updating, and Simulation not starting up when I hit "Fly-now"

Recently, my own weather has stopped working. I leave the simulation running sometimes because I have school and actual flight training. I left the sim on with the REX weather running in the middle of the night. I woke up to it still raining but it was not reported rain in my area. I tried to reload the weather to which it worked for a second then stopped updating the weather every 6 minutes like I have set. It has not been working since. I know this because the weather is still the same with an Altimeter setting 29.80. I will go to the main menu (via backing out and starting up the REX Ess+OvrDrv again) and as an experiment to see if the weather was just not working from the internet, I type in my schools airport ID and clicked the update on the weather. While the simulation is saying that the Altimeter setting is 29.80 and that the winds haven't changed at all, the updated version (via the main menu in the weather tab of the menu) is saying that the Altimeter is 29.50 or something else as it has updated there but not in the sim. If you need a screenshot of these issues side by side, I can do that. I only posted in the same block as Cuevision because sounded like a similar problem.

Also, the REX Radar that pops up as the Simulation actually is starting does not show up anymore. And the textures continuously are having to be reinstalled into the sim each and every time that I try to simply fly the sim. I, in fact, have to separately start the simulation outside of the REX Engine. What is the problem, you think, and how can we solve it. I am not sure that screen shots will help but I can if you need it. One more thing, not sure if this is a problem, but it seems like when I start REX it is not downloading weather fully from the internet. It stops about a quarter of the way and then says its done. Hopefully this is helpful. Thanks again

Roxie

Hi,

I marked this topic as UNDER DEVELOPER REVIEW. Please wait patiently while we review your support topic.

Screenshots would be very helpful for the issues in the first paragraph, please post them. And thank you for posting a new topic, it helps us assist users better if each user has their own topic.

The REX radar not showing is a known issue that will be fixed is SP3 of REX, due around November. Textures should not have to be reinstalled every time, are you sure that textures are making it in the sim? Are you getting it confused with the weather?

Please post screenshots of all your Configuration Manager tabs inside REX.

I am pretty sure that I am not getting the two confused. Every time I try and fly it will not go through the REX though and as for the textures each time I hit the fly now button, it says loading textures. Thank you again for all the help that you all are giving me. The following are the screenshots to help you see specifically what the problem is. I have marked in them in red circle where the problems are with the weather engine:

Here are the cloud settings.

Here are the Visibility settings

Here are the Weather Engine Settings.

Here is the Wind settings.

Here is the current weather at my school where I do flight training and studies. Circled in red.

I have another set of pictures that I am trying to attach on here. But it will not let me. I can email those to you if you would like. But As you can see the weather is not matching. The Altimeter is saying it is 29.83 and in the simulation it is saying that it is winds 154 at 5 and an Altimeter setting of 29.80.

post-84019-0-86462000-1413481347_thumb.p

post-84019-0-88221600-1413481435_thumb.p

post-84019-0-30377300-1413481493_thumb.p

post-84019-0-62577500-1413481528_thumb.p

post-84019-0-63935900-1413481569_thumb.p

post-84019-0-78073700-1413481802_thumb.p

You have the location of where your REX E+ is located. not the location of where your FSX is located. Check photo on the left.

Rockin! Thank you...ummm...Beta Tester. I wish I knew your name. Thank you so much you have saved my training! Have a great one! I will keep in touch if there are anymore problems. Hopefully its just me again. But I thank all of you for your help. Have a great day! Back to school now!