med3484

CLOSED REX essential plus overdrive initial backup issues

I went a few weeks back to start up REX and it looked like I was logged out and all of my info/setting, etc erased.  I tried to login and restore my settings from the server but the program would not respond.  I then re installed the software and tried to start from scratch.  The same problem persists.  It won't even allow me to select a pathway of my FSX folder to even start the process of getting the program up and running.  Since it wont allow me to login, I cant access any of my data either.  Please advise soon!   

That definitely indicates corruption of REX, unfortunately. I'm not sure how you uninstalled and reinstalled, but here are our instructions for doing so:

1.) First go to where REX is installed and make a backup of the Themes/Backup/Initial_Backup folder, if you still have it.

2.) Please open your Windows Control Panel and click on Uninstall Program.

3.) Uninstall REX

4.) Go to where REX was originally installed and remove any left over folders.

5.) Clean your registry with a utility such as CCleaner (free software). We also strongly recommend you run a hard drive defrag.

6.) Please install REX into the folder C:\REX or anywhere else outside Program Files.

7.) If you need to install upgrades such as Overdrive and/or Service Packs make sure that you make sure those updates and service packs are pointed to the C:\REX folder or wherever you initially installed the base full version of REX.

Let me know how it goes.

I have tried everything that I know of.  I have re installed multiple times.  My machine is a clean machine and no other programs are having any issues.  I use FSX on this computer and it is configured to run FSX at its best.  I keep it clean and defragged always, etc.  I even checked in with the James Holcomb dude on youtube to make sure I was installing correctly via his video.  The sp2 did upgrade to the 0715 # and everything seems to be working fine except it won't let me enter an FSX folder (which is on my C: drive as C:/FSX)  The first time I installed I had no issues and tonight I deleted and downloaded all new files.  I don't know what to do.  What are my options?  I want to use REX but I have no idea what happened all the sudden.  Could there possibly be a security setting or something blocking access or something that I am missing? I wanted to attach some screen shots, but 1MB is not a whole of space.  Is there an email and or a telephone number I could call to contact someone?    

I did follow each of your instructions as I went through out  the process.  I have uploaded 2 picture (before and after).  It's not much but it should get the point across.  When I select a file pathway and click "ok" it just doesn't respond at all and nothing shows up on the file pathway.    post-82295-0-53153200-1409969964_thumb.p

post-82295-0-35410500-1409970110_thumb.p

It won't allow me to login and/or make an initial backup again.  I just thought I could go back in and login through the REX user and pull up all of my textures, info, etc.  

Are you running REX as admin on your computer?

Simply right-click the REX exe and select run as admin. Report back.

I looked in my settings for a password change here on the REX server and I can't even do that.  Are you able to reset my password so I can update/change it?  

Where were you looking for that password change? What's the link?

There is a database repair tool located inside the REX folder. Try running that. If you can't find it, let me know.

ERROR TRAPING FOR REX ESSENTIAL

Class Location: ucConfig.cmdBrowse_GoClick
Error: Could not load file or assembly 'System.EnterpriseServices.Wrapper.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I tried running the repair command but nothing is solved.  I checked the error log for the last time I ran REX and I have about 50-60 different entries saying something similar to the above.  Any thoughts?  

I was able to get to the change password section via the REX application so that is not an issue now.  

When you re-installed REX did you install any of the service packs only or the full version and then the service packs?

Full version and then service packs to update the software from .4xxx something to .7015 I think which is how I did the original install.

i re installed  and used the auto updater and same issue persists.  It also said that my software was up to date and I know that it isn't so not sure what is going on there.  

Please open REX and go to the ABOUT screen and let me know what the PRODUCT KEY is?

I attached another screen shot via the link so I don't know if you can find that or not.  When I select the ABOUT tab the program does not respond.  It gives me the same dialogue box and ask for a pathway to my FSX folder. 

I don't know if this is what you're looking for or not.  I just know this is what I have and since the auto  updater did not move it to the .7xxx I'm still on the old software version.  

about screen.bmp

There should be another entry on the About screen labeled PRODUCT KEY. Your screenshot didn't actually display the About page. ;)

It won't let me display the ABOUT screen.  The tabs up top do not work.  All they do is highlight but they actually don't show any information in reference to that particular tab.  The screen shot is what i see regardless of what tab I'm on.  

ProductCode = {1B0B9635-AD56-41F5-983F-421C58AD3D4C}

I found this in a file.  Not for sure if it is considered the "key"

Based upon the issue you are experiencing please contact directly via online chat or schedule a personal support session at:

Live Online Chat: (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturdays 1pm to 6pm MST)

OR

Personal One on One Support Session (Tuesday, Thursdays, Saturdays)

Please go to: http://www.rexwebservices.com/support