Sign in to follow this  
t-c

RESOLVED Just a Black Screen.

Hi,

I have a problem with Rex4 direct, it downloads ok but,,

Right click and run as administrator, opens then black block, I'm unable to do anything with. At the time to opening REX nothing else is running.

REX is located in C drive, outside of FSX and program files(x86). The log is:-

REX TEXTURE DIRECT - PROCESS LOG
install.installTheme() - System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\FSX\\Sound\wind_opencanopy.wav' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileInfo.CopyTo(String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
   at rextexturedirect.functions.install.installTheme(String strThemeID)

My operating system, windows 7, 64 bit

8 Gb memory

Nvidia 275OC

Operating System not overclocking

1T hard drive 562Gb free space

Not using REX in a network.

FSX Gold, all patched

Norton AntiVirus and REX, I've tried opening REX with Norton disabled, still not working.

Not using FSUIPC

FSX is installed in its own folder in C drive outside of programs x86.

I do have Global FTX installed if thats of help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

tc

Edited by t-c

Hi t-c, sorry for the inconvenience.

Can you please advise which .net you have installed within Windows?

Hi Tim

Net 4.5.1- to be honest I'm not that clued up with techy stuff so just allows windows to do the automatic updates.

Time to get ready for work, thank you for helping :)

Hi,

I marked this topic as UNDER DEVELOPER REVIEW. Please wait patiently while we review your support topic.

Hi Tim,

I don't know if this helps from Event Viewer?

AppHangB1       Not available       0       rextexturedirect.exe       4.3.2014.814       53ebe908       711a       0                                               C:\Users\Nathan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER2490.tmp.appcompat.txt C:\Users\Nathan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER26F1.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml C:\Users\Nathan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER737C.tmp.xml C:\Users\Nathan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER73AC.tmp.hdmp C:\Users\Nathan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER9051.tmp.mdmp       C:\Users\Nathan\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppHang_rextexturedirect_d61933e941678d38e35d19c2fb21a3c552ec373_cab_16729221               0       dcac081a-2d58-11e4-b360-00248c0d64c8      

This evening I've made sure Java, is updated, uninstalled REX again, used CCleaner to clean up registry,then defragged, checked Nvidia for graphics updates, checked NET, within windows updates. All seems up todate. Checked to see if I'd missed a "this is 32 bit/64bit" file to download, and still REX only loads the build number splash screen, then doesn't respond and black screen. Tried updating REX with all the patches, updates, rebooted after each patch, and still nothing. Now its just frustrating.

Not sure what else to try, I could reformat the pc, but rather drastic for 1 program refusing to play.

Reed will get with you shortly to try and sort this out. I know it's frustrating, and for that I sincerely apologize.

Based upon the issue you are experiencing please contact directly via online chat or schedule a personal support session at:

Live Online Chat: (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturdays 1pm to 6pm MST)

OR

Personal One on One Support Session (Tuesday, Thursdays, Saturdays)

Please go to: http://www.rexwebservices.com/support

Afternoon Tim, Reed.

Many thanks for the help, - I reformatted my pc over the weekend which has (fingers crossed) sorted it all out now.

Have a good weekend.

Nathan

Nathan,

Sounds like you have it under control now. If you have any other issues please feel free to post again. 

Thank you for reporting back.

Sign in to follow this