Hi,

since a week now, I am trying to download REX Essential w/ Overdrive from my Profile site at FSPilotshop.com. Out of the 20 available Downloads, there are only 9 left, which makes me a bit nervous as I still didn't succeed.

The download always was completed, but some times, the file wasn't recognized as REX-105.zip, but download2.php. The other occasions, it was also named correctly. Nevertheless, in all cases, as soon as i tried to unzip/open the file using different zip programs (e.g. 7-zip, winrar, winzip), I received a message saying, unexpected file Format or corrupt file. The only partial success I was able to recognize was that I was able to open the zip file in WinRAR, but when I tried to extract either one single file or the whole zip package, same error message occured.

I was running the download with different download Managers, e.g. FDM, FlashGet under WIN7 and also iGetter from my Mac. All without success.

Is there any possibility to alternatively download a working file or am I wrong in doing something?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Christoph

Hi Christoph,

We placed your order number into your signature for a reason. Please place it back, and please do not remove it per the forum rules.

Have you seen the following: http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/28825-downloaded-file-type-download2php/?hl=download2.php

Remember to clean your cache as well before redownloading. 

If you have no luck with that, your best bet is to contact the support at FSPILOTSHOP so they can try assisting: http://www.fspilotshop.com/help_me.php?help=contact

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for your quick response and advice!

Sorry wasn't aware that I excluded the signature... I'll keep that in mind for next time.

I did contact fspilotshop support on this issue as it still doesn't work, hope they will help me soon.

Cheers

Cameron, Adam and the gang at FSPilotShop are great at helping folks. Please let us know how it goes.

I had the same issue this week trying to download from FSPILOTSHOP. In the end I managed to do it from work (we have a huge internet pipe) it still took 7 hours. This leads me to suspect that the vendors internet server is not as good as it could be. It worked in the end but it was very frustrating. Let them know that you are having difficulty and I am sure they will help you out.

John

Hi everyone,

you have been right, the folks from fspilotshop answered my query today. It seemed that since they upgraded their Servers in June, they have problems with download Managers accessing the downloads. In fact downloads using download managers do not work at the moment. They resetted my download count and asked to download the file via plain browser download e.g. Firefox.

First I tried Chrome which didn't work but finally Firefix did the job and I was able to download a complete and functional version of REX.

Thanks everyone for your help and support, it is highly appreciated to have such a great Support community here!

Christoph

Christoph, 

Thank you for advising of the resolve, this will help others.