Vasily

Nvidia Inspector HELP

Hello All;

Sorry for this post, as I know that it is probably mentioned somewhere.

All day today I have been trying to figure out how to use Nvidia Inspector in FSX ( I am new to "tweaking"....etc) I have read a lot of topics on what works and doesn't; however, I doesn't make much sense to me :(. If anyone has any advise or has a similar system to mine, would you please be so kind to post your Inspector settings here.

This is what I am running:

FSX Gold/Acceleration  

REX+ OD

GEX

747-400X PMDG

757 Jetliner

Traffic X

My PC specs are:

Windows 7 Ultimate

GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Intel i5-4570 (3.2 boost up to 3.6)

1TB HD

Thank you all in advanced, your suggestions/ responses will be very much appreciated.  

the whole idea of N.I is so it forces Nvidea to accept the settings you want and anything you do now in the Nvidea control panel does not work. Ensure in your FSX settings that Anti-Aliasing  is switched off... here are my N.I settings...

w8gMV.jpg

ma2Uy.jpg

9l2BA.jpg

once you make these changes try not to open Nvidea control panel as it seems reset fsx to original settings.

Hope this helps.

Tom.

Thank you very much Tom. I will try them later today and will let you know how it worked. Thank you for taking your time to reply to this:)

Dear Tom;

I just have noticed that you are running a 660 Ti vs my 750 Ti. Yours seems to be a much faster card than mine. Should i differentiate some of the settings in N I ? If so, witch ones? Thank you

you should be ok with these settings... i had these setting too on a less superior card :)

Thank you very much Tom, just tested your settings and they worked well for my system. Once again, thank you. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions i will be very happy to hear them and try them.

Best Regards.

tweaking my nvidia inspector as well and will give your settings a try on my GTX 770 card.  Curious though does this do Frame Rate Limiting and what should i set my Frame Rates at in FSX?

Thanks

I did a try on my msi 780 tf! Nothing approved, and when i disabled aa in settings, it all went bad!! Maybe it would be a good idea, if pointing out, what Nvidia driver being used.

Thanks for showing all this, Uksnapper. Its a great fun to play around with those settings. Tho, i cant find any improvements, so i'll, for the moment, stay with my application controlled settings, which is working perfekt.

Hi Vasily,

I've not been a forum member for long and so just reading through some of the posts. Perhaps, due to the time since you last posted here, you have figured out many other tweaks with the Nvidia Inspector software. 

Regarding setting frame rates for FSX, I've always been advised to set FPS limits using external software (such as Nvidia) & it has always worked for me.

My preferred method is to first set the frame rate within FSX settings to unlimited (bear in mind that by making any changes using the FSX settings it will automatically change your FSX CFG file back to it's default);

Next open Nvidia software. Before clicking on the 'spanner' icon, scroll down to the bottom area of the  page & you'll see that you can set your FPS to your preferred rate. Select  FPS rate & save. I initially set mine to 30fps but was able to increase to 40+fps. It's trial and error depending on individual rigs.

Click on the spanner icon and select the MS FSX game and proceed as usual. If you find 30fps ok, then repeat & try gradually increasing frame rates by 2 or 3 at a time until you find the best for your system. You can always reduce the FPS back if you need to.

Avoid making too many changes in one go. If I do make changes to the Nvidia antialaising or other settings, I first either take a screen shot of my current settings, or take a photo with my cell phone so that I can revert back if not happy with the new setting. And I only change one setting at a time. 

As I say, it's works for me and so I hope that this information is useful (albeit late). 

Happy flying!

Regards

Hi,

Could you please tell me if NVidia Inspector AntiAliasing setting works with Steam edition of FSX?

I use settings posted in this topic but there is no AA in the game.

Thanks in advance.