Mistro

RESOLVED What is the latest REX Product to Install?

It's been a while since I had to do a fresh REX install and I'm kinda lost. I have a folder with a few REX setup files but  I'm seeing newer versions I never downloaded. 

The following is what I have in my folder:

rexessplus_rexess_20121028

rexessplus_sp1_20121028_to_20130415

rexessplus_sp2_20130715_patch

Do I have to go through all these installs or is there a newer one I can use one time?

I used to have Overdrive but REX Essentials with OD is not in my downloads section at FSS (Only REX Essentials Plus). Am I elegible for it with OD?

Am I elegible for an even newer version of REX (REX 4) or would that be a new purchase?

Edited by Mistro

Forget everything you have, delete them all and redownload a fresh newer version from your account at the Flightsimstore.com

Forget everything you have, delete them all and redownload a fresh newer version from your account at the Flightsimstore.com

Thanks Tim, but the only thing in my downloads is REX Essential Plus.

On your FSS account? Just download whatever version you have from there, we can update it/add Overdrive if necessary.

In addition, the latest version you can update to is 3.7.2013.0715, which is REX Essentials Plus w/ Overdrive. REX 4 requires a separate purchase; however, if you buy from FSS you get a US $5 discount for owning REX.

On your FSS account? Just download whatever version you have from there, we can update it/add Overdrive if necessary.

In that case the "rexessplus_rexess_20121028" I mentioned above is the file I downloaded from FSS that is still there I think. I can't tell what version is in the FSS but would hate to download again if I already have it. My internet is not that fast and it's over 4Gigs. What about REX 4?

Ok, I read through this thread: http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/30764-i-am-way-behind/

I now understand that REX 4 is a new product and not free. From reading that thread I also get that if I install the version I have now, I can go through the auto-updater and be brought up to date. What will I be brought up to? Overdrive is not a big deal for me because there is a favorite cloud set I have that does not require me to have OD. I want to do as little downloading as possible. So do I first get myself up to 20130715 or can I just install 20121028 and do the auto update?

Edited by Mistro

That version in your account should be the latest.

REX OD is not in that account as they are not obligated to offering it to you. 

1. Download the latest from there.

2. Install.

3. Advise which version number is listed on the ABOUT screen.

4. We will advise here how to get OverDrive.

Thanks Tim.

I will report back tomorrow as I will have to download overnight. I can say the file size is the same as the one I have in the folder. Though I have a fealing it's the same file, I will download it anyway to be sure.

Please do, then report back your findings. FSS should not have an old version as that.

I downloaded and got it installed. The version number is 3.2.2013.0415. I have a feeling I need SP2 installed(20130715), am I right?

Edited by Mistro

Ok good, you DO have a newer version within your account there! ;)

Now, the question is, do you want the newest update WITH OverDrive? Please answer that and I will direct you to the proper link.

Sorry for my delayed response. I went ahead and updated to 20130715. All is working ok. And yes I would like to get overdrive...why not. I hope I didn't move too fast installing SP2.

What is the FULL version number on the about screen?

What is the FULL version number on the about screen?

Thanks for the excellent support as usual. I started downloading. I will report if all is well once I install and test tomorrow evening.

Just letting y'all know that I have REX Essentials+ Overdrive installed and working beautifully. Thanks again.