airflyer

RESOLVED REX 4 Just Creates Ocean Water Textures

Hello guys,

for a long time I am not happy with my water textures which are created by REX 4.

I just see ocean water textures everywhere. There are no inland water textures. Neither in lakes nor in rivers. 

I have set "Low 2x" as water settings in FSX. Furthermore I am using Steves DX10 Fixer with the water settings attached.

I have enabled all DX10 features in the REX 4 assistant.

ORBX OpenLc and Vector is in use.

The Lake Constance, Germany (would be nice to see how Lake Constance looks on your system):

fsx1ijig2.png

Rhein River, Switzerland:

rheinlokyo.png

Steves DX10 Fixer water settings (even the preview picture shows what I mean):

dx10bvegj.png

And my REX texture set which is correct installed:

rex1ru02.png

See the greenish/brownish inland water textures I choosed? I dont see them in FSX. Hope you guys can help me :)

Thanks a lot

Manuel

Edited by airflyer

I just want to add two things here:

- Lakes in USA (where no landclass is installed) for example are also ocean textured

- I disabled DX10 and the colours are still the same

I am very sorry to hear about what you are experiencing.   First, I need to confirm there were no errors during your texture install process.  Where REX 4 is installed is an installlog.txt file.  Can you please post the contents of that log here?

Hello,

I think I have figured out the problem. Well, it is not problem at all and it is not concerning REX 4. I tryed to make some adjustments with REX Essential OD.

I gave the ocean textures a greenish look (what I cant do in REX4). And now I have the greenish water textures in lakes/rivers. It seems like the waterclass tags the Lake Constance for example as 

ocean texture area.

Maybe you can confirm that?

Kind regards 

As of right now you cannot change or modify the water textures within REX 4.  We are working on an Add-on to address this and will be released soon.

I can say that we handled the process in REX 4 differently to account for other water class issues that REX 3 didn't fix by splitting up the waters.  We will be bring the best of both worlds to REX 4 Texture Direct soon.