Sign in to follow this  
airforcecowboyc17

CLOSED I am way behind.

WOW I had no idea there were so many upgrades. Currently "please don't laugh" I am on REX+Overdrive Ver. build 2.5.2010.1027      Would it just be easier for me to re buy the newest REX release or just give up. I have seen that the newest one in a whopping 16GB download. That would take my a week in download due to my connection. What dose the admin recommend i do?

Robert Brown

Ok I did what you instructed. Now when i go to click on my REX icon i have always on my taskbar i get this message...                                                     J:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\REX.exe is not a valid Win32 appication                                                                                                                                  

First my FSX is stored on my J: drive                                                                                                                                                                                   So what is this message telling me? And why cant my REX launch icon is not working anymore?                

Are you running Windows XP?

Did you install REX into the FSX folder?

Robert,

Major problem... you are NOT supposed to install REX into any other folder other than itself!

You can try and uninstall REX by using the uninstaller method in the windows control panel. I can't be certain, but this might leave remnants throughout your FSX directory!

OK I re installed REX and when prompted top install I installed into C;/Program files X86/ Not my question is will this auto-updater get my updated to REX4?

Auto-Updater will get you to the latest version of REX Essential... NOT REX4. REX 4 is a brand new program and is not included free. 

I will leave this open, please advise on the outcome.

We have not heard back from you. We have provided you advice to follow, can you please advise us of your current status?