Sign in to follow this  
JetSkies

CLOSED "Weather Theme Could Not Be Found"

Hi,

I'm having a problem when trying to inject weather into FSX, or just loading the "REX" weather theme. I get the error: "The weather theme could not be found."

I have tried everything in all of the other forums about this issue I have read. 

1) Nothing is in the program files.

2) UAC is set to never notify

3) Everything runs as admin.

------------------------------------------

~GENERAL~

1) 3.7.2013.0715

2) WX Plus

3) Upgraded from previous with Auto Update

4) Yes

5) Yes

6) Yes

~WINDOWS SETUP~

1) Windows 8.1

2) 4 GB

3) Intel Graphics 4000 and 512mb I believe. 

4) No overclock

5) 455 GB

6) Yes (Ethernet)

7) Acceleration 

8) Yes

9) Kaspersky Internet Security 2013

10) Yes, with REX and FSX exceptions 

11) FSUIPC installed

12) C:\Software\REX Essential Plus OverDrive   [Not program files]

13) C:\Software\Microsoft Flight Simulator X [Not program files]

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Blake

post-79222-0-37018800-1400809713_thumb.p

Please try again, however, switch to STANDARD mode of weather from within the REX/CONFIGURATION MANAGER/WEATHER tab.

Please try again, however, switch to STANDARD mode of weather from within the REX/CONFIGURATION MANAGER/WEATHER tab.

I tried again using the standard weather engine option, but the weather theme still won't load, and when I select to "Load Weather" from the REX radar screen, the bar at the top appears and disappears and nothing happens within the simulator.

Blake, STANDARD mode does not use the WEATHER THEME protocol, it doesn't sound like you switched this correctly. Did you receive the same exact error message as you posted above in that screenshot?

Blake, STANDARD mode does not use the WEATHER THEME protocol, it doesn't sound like you switched this correctly. Did you receive the same exact error message as you posted above in that screenshot?

No, when I have standard mode selected, the weather does not inject into the simulator when I press "Load Weather".

For example, I loaded the "Severe Thunderstorm" theme, and went to an airport where it is clearly sunny in the real world. I pressed "Load Weather" on the radar screen on REX, but nothing changes in the simulator.

I was referring to Settings -> Display -> Weather inside FSX.

However, be sure that you do not select one of those weather themes inside FSX after you set up weather in REX.

I was referring to Settings -> Display -> Weather inside FSX.

However, be sure that you do not select one of those weather themes inside FSX after you set up weather in REX.

qLTgmXt.png

Change the Rate at which weather changes over time setting to none.

The green loading bar at the top of the radar screen still appears and goes away within a second, with no changes in the simulator.

I'm sorry if this sounds some what silly but when I run REX textures FSX has not started and is run from Fly Now which then injects weather into FSX before FSX starts, are you doing the same? and I have user defined in FSX settings. I hope this maybe some help.

Based upon the issue you are experiencing please contact directly via online chat or schedule a personal support session at:

Live Online Chat: (Tuesday, Wednesdays, Thursday 9am to 4pm MST)

OR

Personal Support Session (Tuesday, Wednesdays, Thursdays)

Please go to: http://www.rexwebservices.com/support

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?