Airflight777

CUSTOMER REVIEW Texture install issues

Hi, i recently bougt REX 4. I have not owned a REX product before. I have installed REX doing as the directions said. I changed the cfg file to use the hd textures. After i choose my textures it says they were installed correctly, but when i get into fsx, my water textures are missing. Also the runway and taxiways are deffinetly not hd even though i put them to 4096. I have reinstalled REX and fsx multiple times, but i cant seem to fix this problem. Also the clouds do not appear. Please help.

Thanks

Can you please add the following additional information to your signature? This will help us to understand your system specs so that we may further assist you.

GENERAL REX QUESTIONS

1.) Confirm UAC (User Account Control) set to never notify?

2.) Confirm Run REX4 as Administrator?

WINDOWS SET UP QUESTIONS

1.) Which Windows Operating System?

2.) RAM memory size?

3.) Video card and memory size?

4.) Overclocking?

5.) Total hard drive space?

8.) Internet connection active or not?

9.) Which antivirus software running?

10.) Whether or not firewall running?

12.) Folder location of REX4?

13.) Folder location of FSX/P3D?

Thank you in advance for this information.

I have set it to never notify

I always open as administrator

Win. 7 64bit

8GB

Gtx 760 2gb

No overclock

750gb out of 1tb

Connected to internet

Windows security essentials

Running fire wall

REX is located on c drive(not program files x86)

Fsx is in program files x86

So just to confirm you are stating that the there are NO clouds even when clouds are set in the weather and there are NO water - it is just blank?  Could you please provide a screenshot?

That is correct. When i open up REX i choose all of the textures including the clouds. In my fsx settng the cloud coverage is at max.

The water does not show up anywhere. It is just a white, blue blank look. I will provide a screen shot tomarrow because i am not currently at my house.

Sounds like your installing all HD textures and your system can't keep up. I've seen this countless times here.

Either lower settings in REX and/or FSX.

Also, if you could provide a screenshot of what you are seeing within FSX, that would help us a lot to know what might be going on.

Well i turned down my settings in fsx and REX 4, but things are still the same. When i get within a few hundred meters of any water it turns white. The clouds are not showing up even when i change the weather to rain. the runway textures dont seem to be affected by REX. The only thing that looks different is the taxiways. How do i attach a screen shot in the forums?

post-79449-0-09705000-1393541983_thumb.jpost-79449-0-04876800-1393541984_thumb.jpost-79449-0-23438400-1393541985_thumb.jpost-79449-0-24065300-1393541987_thumb.j

i figured out the picture attachment issue 

I'm moving this thread out of the support area, this is not a problem with REX as these are REX textures in your sim.

You just need to tweak your system to get the most out of it. Hoping that the tweaking 'gurus' can help you.