phlee

CLOSED Probably a Stupid REX 4 Question....

This is probably a ridiculous question for some of you that are very conversant with REX textures and the weather engines.

If I select an ICAO location i order to achieve real world weather conditions for the originating point of my flight, how does REX handle all the variables of weather conditions en route and at the destination airport?

For example if my origin airport is clear skies and light winds and I encounter thunder storms en route and it is snowing at my destination, where does the weather engine draw the textures from if when we started the flight and loaded clear skies and light winds?

Also, How does REX 4 handle the variable water textures along a route? If we load one type of water effect, will all bodies of water have that same effect regardless of whether they are a lake, river or ocean with different meteorlogical scenarios en route?

Thanks for the clarification.

Phil

REX 4 Order Number: FSS0265268

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying exactly, but see if this helps you:

The weather engine "maps out" where the textures should go ahead of time according to the weather, which is why you have to enter the airports. Then as you fly, the engine refreshes your location and draws the textures according to the weather of your exact position.

With water, to my understanding FSX/P3D has predefined settings for the type of water needed for each body of water, and the sim loads the correct textures accordingly.

I'll mark this Under Dev Review in case Reed or Tim have anything to add or correct.

This topic is currently awaiting a developer response. Please wait patiently while we review your support topic.

Thank you.

I am refering to the loading of textures that may be different than what was loaded at the time of departure.

For example, if i take of in clear skies and have not loaded thunder clouds, lightning etc...and I encounter those at my destination or en route, where does the weather engine retrieve those files from? Are they using FSX default weather or does it search and use REX4 files from it's library of textures?

Best,

Phil

There is a directory of textures in the FSX/P3D folder that the weather engine will use to draw textures from. When you install textures in REX, you are replacing the default textures with ours, and when the weather engine detects that it needs other textures it will call those up from the FSX/P3D folder.

Since you can only have one set of textures within FSX at a time during play, you have to decide what weather do you want your textures to be represent:  Departure or Arrival.   There is no way to change texture types while FSX is running.

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?