Sign in to follow this  
larglo

RESOLVED rexte3.cab ?

Hi,

Just received my disks for REX4 and while trying to install, I a box came up, asking about the file rexte3.cab, and if I could verify it. I checked and found I did not have the file, only up to rexte2. I am unable to install REX4 becauseof this.

Could someone inform me about what to do now?

Larry

PCA order # 114063

Larry, this sounds like a corrupt disk unfortunately. However you will need to check with the vendor (PCA) and see what they say first.

I'm not sure how each vendor authors their own disk manufacturing, however, I would try first the following steps:

1. Create a NEW folder and name it REX4 on your desktop.

2. Copy ALL items from the disk(s) into this folder.

3. Run the setup file in that NEW folder.

Basically, don't install from the disks.

Let me know if that helped or not. If not, please contact them and let us know what the outcome is.

Hi,

I took your advise and added copied both disk to my hard drive, folder name REX4 with a sub folder DISK 2, while doing so, I noticed that disk 2 not only had rexte3.cab, on it, but also rexte4.cab. So I copied both of those into the main folder REX4 and started the install and everything went well.

I received no instructions, and all times before, when it took more than 1 disks to install a program, it would stop and tell you to insert the second disk, etc. So, I found this very strange that REX4 did not choose to do the same.

But anywho, I got it up and running and will try it out this morning.

Thank you very much for your help.

Larry

Cheers Larry, thank you for reporting back. 

Also, since we don't have an official boxed version yet, our distributors are doing this on their own. We don't know how they're authoring them, hence we can't help with the issues that arise.

Regardless, I'm glad that worked for you, now enjoy :)