Hello,

Just finish downloading REX.  In all there are 19 files,( correct me if I am wrong)

14.cab files.

1 read this first .txt file

1 rexautopudate_installer_20130715.exe

1 rexautoupdatemanual.pdf

1 rexessplusod_sp1_30230415.msi

1 setup.exe

Here come the question.

In the read this first .txt file, it say  

You will need to copy all of the files on all 3 disks to a folder on your computer. One thing you could do is go to My Computer then to your C drive and right click and choose New Folder.  Call it REX (and delete it after you're done) and copy all of the files from disk 1 and disk2 and disk3 to your harddrive.  Then install it using "rexessplusod_sp1_20130415.msi" by double clicking that file to start the installation

If you don't read this, or if you don't copy all 3 disks to your computer, it just won't work.  If you do, it will install perfectly!

1  .Does the above instruction applies to me, I do not have the disk yet, It should be on the way by mail.

If it doesn't, then right click setup .exe , run as administer and most importantly install outside of program file to avoid window7 user account control nagging, not forgetting to turn off anti virus software,(trend micro)

together with firewall as well. ( please correct me if I am wrong)

2.  I opened rexautoupdatemanual.pdf. In there only 4 pages, don't have the install manual which is of upmost important  now to read prior to install of this most talk about wonderful famous software .only me or have I misses out something.

3.Is this ,REX-105.zip by download ,the latest version, or do I need to update after the install.

Thank you in advance for the advise . 

ricky1088

Hi Ricky,  Welcome to the REX family.

First make a new folder and put all of the REX files you DL'ed into it.

Then right click and "Run As Admin" the Set-up EXE let REX install to the default locale C:\ drive

Once REX has installed go grab the free REX Auto-updater DL, Install, and Run it you should be good to go at that point.

Link to REX Auto-updater = http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/auto.html

James

Hi James, Thanks for the value info.

My OS in C:\ drive, FSX in F:\ drive .   my C:\drive is close to 70%filled up with program and some bloatware that come together

in the box . I think my best option is to install in my   D:\ drive, as you can see in my signature list, big space, performance wise, non comparable

to SSD speed as expected. I read in the forum, REX can be install in any drive,  important point is to avoid UAC and in program file. what's your

opinion. sorry , a little long winded.

My earlier post, I left out one most important question to ask , so here go.

I have FEX and I belief need to uninstall b4 install REX so as to avoid conflict as both do function about the same. Am I correct to say that.

Can't wait to install this popular program.   Thanks again for your patient and time.

ricky1088

Yes I would uninstall FEX,  And I say the Root C:\ drive because that is what most people have but it doesn't matter which drive as long as it is installed to the root D:\  F:\  C:|  B:| etc.

Not into Program Files 86x.

James

roger ,

hear you loud and clear, Thanks , James

take air, sorry for that, cool down sirs, that 's for laugh

sorry you are dealing with a non techie customer

regards... ricky1088

No problem man,  Just want you to get REX installed correctly and have many years of enjoyment.

Happy Flying!

We are continuing to monitor this topic for possible further action.

Hello,

Sorry for  keeping you waiting for a response, as past night was busy

My install as per James instruction , I suppose went  well, I  can't provide the version number as prove of success install cause I am

in my office pc.. now.

however. here I have a dumb question to ask,  In the configuration manager page. 

click backup to save your global REX configuration setting to the REX servers.

click restore to restore your global REX configuration setting from the REX servers.

after I save setting ,will I still be able to come back here to make changes as and when I need.

Thanks   ricky1088

Hello,

Thanks for the on day response, it is much appreciate. after my installed of REX plus the update as advise by all the helpful staff here,

my version no. is    3.7.20.13.0715.   advise if I am wrong,  quite positive, I think I got it right on the install part however there is plenty of things to learn and I am still

grabbing, as is always the case, change this and  get that but sometime it may not be the way and you just have to  do everything all over again.

As I dive deeper into the program, certainly I will need to ask .    So far soooooo gooooood , I like REX  .have a look at screen shots

f4KVF.png

PO1YA.png

CEN4  high river regional airport, freeware airport by ORBX , THANKS to ORBX.

Thanks you , regards    ricky1088

Screenies look great! You are also up to date with your version :)

Thanks to all who helped Ricky. I will mark this as resolved. If you have any other questions/concerns, please feel free to open another topic.

Cheers!