masneoquil

RESOLVED REX is not downloading weather

Hello,

Since I used the Autoupdater, every time I start REX it won't download any weather, even if click the refresh button.

If I go to see the weather for any Airport, the information appears blank, and if I import a flight plan all the waypoints appears without information.

I didn't tried a reinstall cause I will have to apply the autoupdater again, and I don't know if that will be the solution.

Thanks!!

Hi Matias, 

Please open REX and advise of the version number listed on the ABOUT screen. 

What airport ICAO's are you testing? Please list a few.

Hello Tim,

The product version is 3.7.2013.0715

I just tried several aiports: SAEZ, KJFK, EDDF, LOWW, and in all of them the nearby weather station dialog shows empty.

If I click Reload WX nothing happens and if I try to search for weather is the same.

Thanks!

Can you check if the automatic download is enabled in the configuration? If it is, starting REX will always lead to an initial set of data from where to start from. Forcing manual updates (outside of the automatic intervals) are still possible of course.

/ sent from a mobile thingy /

Yes, it was activated.

I also tried deactivating it, closing, opening activating it again, closing and open it again, and it didn't worked also.

Please open REX and navigate to the Configuration Manager->Weather Engine tab.  Please change the Initial Weather Delay Timer to 3 or greater minutes.  Do not click the Load Weather button?

When you start FSX and the WASYS do you see the green window flashing?

I will try it as soon as I get home.

I just wanted to let you know that the problem is when I run REX, and not when I'm inside FSX.

I don't use the Weather engine.

What I do, is load a flight plan then install weather influenced textures. But because REX is not downloading the real time weather at start up  the flight plan shows with empty data in all the waypoints, and there is no point to install the textures if it didn't download any data.

Thanks!!

mmm Sorry, I see on the forum that this post has the answered status, but it is not. I'm still having the problem.

I'm lost, I checked the config manager and the Enable Weather Engines was disabled. I enabled it, and it start downloading weather.

Now... I don't remember if I change this, or it was always like that and something changed with the last update.

The is... is working again!!!

Thanks... now is answered.  :blink:

Edited by masneoquil

It doesn't change itself Matias, you must have done so at some point. 

• Like 1