greg

RESOLVED REX WX map blank

Hi,

My map in REX WX engine window is definitively blank :-\ I see only the 4 buttons Radar/Storm/Turbulence/icing.

My version of REX E + OD: 3.7.2013.0715.

I use Opera web browser but I clicked to define IE as default: it didn't have any effect.

I have no file in the ErrorLogs folder.

REX is allowed to pass thru the firewall.

REX updates the weather well.

I can open the map in Opera or IE: I found the file flightwxmap.htm that seems to be the one REX WX should open.

NB: strange, it is dated 04/21/13... Is it only a template?

I've got the same blank page when clicking Weather/Real weather menus, selecting an ICAO code (YSSY for ex.), loading the weather in the GUI (it shows good) then clicking the WX Avoidance button.

Could you help me please? I made some searches on this forum and didn't find anything helping me.

Thank you.

Edited by greg

Greg, 

First I want to be clear the mapping is in fact working as evident by my screenshot just taken.

Tg8E.jpg

Something is obviously blocking REX from displaying it on your end.

What has changed recently, as I'm sure it was working for you previously.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your prompt answer and to investigate.

I remarked this a few time ago (a few weeks), when your servers "were down", so I didn't worry thinking it would come back alone. But no... I don't know what I've changed (of course, updates from AV, Windows updates and so on of this kind of stuff). But even with AV off, it doesn't display the map. This is what I've got:

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/9337/b0fh.jpg

Sometimes, it says that I must refresh the page: but I don't get the <F5> key LOL.

I don't know where to search anymore...

Hmmmm this is weird. Never heard of the weather engine functioning with no map, only when we have server issues, but this is not the case because the servers are 100% now.

I will mark this thread as UNDER DEV REVIEW in hopes that Reed can shed more light on it for you. 

This topic is currently awaiting a developer response. Please wait patiently while we review your support topic.

Thank you.

I'll report if I find something...

Have you tried just re-installing to see if this fixes the issue?  The .htm file is not longer applicable in that it we pull our map from our servers.

Hi,

Do you mean reinstall the update? I can try. I've downloaded it.

If the .htm is not usefull, I can delete it? (if this has a sense for you or the issue of course!)

Thank you.

PS: I use WX Plus mode: does that matter?

PS2: I noticed that if I try to open the .htm directly, IE asks for permitting to load an ActiveX; telling OK permits the page to be OK i.e. to show a map => I think the problem is relative to the permissions given in the web browser. Does this make sense? Does REX WX put sort of a "skin" on IE in fact? Just trying to help to resolve the pb... If that's correct, is there a way to put the site in the IE trusted sites? What name of site should I use? What's your web browser configuration (or the one of others simmers?!)

PS3: one more thing...; my OS is french: could the .NET install in english version give some trouble (I mean the version of .NET installed for Autoupdate); does REX WX use .NET 4.5? Should I unsinstall (if possible!) the .NET version to pick up another version on the Windows Update site, put Windows relative updates, then have a new try?

Edited by greg

Please email me at: r_stough@realenvironmentxtreme.com

Also within your email please provide a link to this forum post so that I can refer back to it.

Thank you!

Hi,

New mails sent! With the result...

Thank you for further advice.

Hi to all,

@Reed, I've written to you 4 times, please look at your PM.

The last news: 

I've reinstall from scratch as before (see the other mails please) REX Essential old version I think build 3.0.2012.0522: map is OK, with a warning for bing portals credentials or something like that (it doesn't matter because you've changed that).
Then upgrade to REX Essential + OD build 3.5.2012.1029: OK, map is HERE with NO warning, all seems good.
Then upgrade to REX Essential + OD SP1 for build 3.5.2012.1029: and then NO MAP!!! It is the SP1! How can I shoot it please?
May I have to try all the process a new time? And install SP2 immediately, NOT SP1?
What can I do?
Thank you in advance.

Between the RTM and SP1 we moved to a server based mapping system. In otherwords, the mapping system comes from our servers and not your local drive.   Do you have any strict internet proxy or protocol that limits web addresses?

For the mapping to work you would need to make sure the domain:  http://www.rexwebservices.com is permissible.

Hi,

I've well seen it was a "network" or IE issue...

But I haven't the solution :(

The domain is trusted, I low levelled the security control in IE and so on. The network capture shows the ACK and the URL: used itself the URL shows only the 4 buttons...

I've tried with a 3G connection: it works! Then that's a network issue but where?

Do have the router to respond to the ping and other stuff? It seems to me that I didn't allowed that in the router. Does that matter for the webservice?

Is that a Windows service that is stopped? I've shut down a lot of them of course...

TY in advance.

EDIT: I got it!!!

Trying now to start AV, put the SP2 and so on to the last build and to restore my configuration...

Edited by greg

Now the info to share and store in the knowledge base  ;)  One option to untick in the Internet Box, such as popup windows!

I installed SP2 and I'm in v3.7.2013.0715. All seems to work, except that I can't get a map with some complementary inf° as green spots in WX radar. Will have a try.

I will reinstall AutoUpdate too but later because I've got many issues such as SQL not installing and so on with the different installers available.

Please let us the facility to download in autonomy the future updates/upgrades/service packs without AutoUpdate: to have the choice will simplify the updates I think even if AutoUpdate gives us the promise to be very nice!

Thank you for your help. You can close this topic for my concern.

Greg thank you for hanging in there and for your reporting.

• Like 1