Sign in to follow this  
Mike123

RESOLVED Newbie help on textures

Hi, I've been using REX for a couple of months now but have now decided to create my own textures instead of just using the random settings. This may seem like a dumb question or perhaps obvious to more seasoned users, but question is this:

Will my textures only be used in the correct circumstances? What I mean by this is, for example if I like the look of a particularly nice storm cloud will that cloud texture only be used when the meteorological circumstances dictate? Or if I'm flying through a ridge of high pressure, will REX use my cirrus clouds? I hope that makes sense.

Any news on service pack 2? I have the problem of rapidly changing cloud formations that just look very unrealistic.

Thanks for your help, I've learnt a lot more already just browsing through the forums. :)

Hi Mike, welcome to the forum.

Will my textures only be used in the correct circumstances? What I mean by this is, for example if I like the look of a particularly nice storm cloud will that cloud texture only be used when the meteorological circumstances dictate? 

Yes, when called upon for certain conditions, these will be used.

Or if I'm flying through a ridge of high pressure, will REX use my cirrus clouds?

Yes, again, if the conditions are called upon.

Any news on service pack 2? I have the problem of rapidly changing cloud formations that just look very unrealistic.

As Bob pointed to above, REX Auto Updater will allow you to download and install major upgrades and service packs as we release them. 

The changing of cloud positioning cannot be overcome, however it can be limited to the amount of weather refreshes. In SP2 we give the user the ability to set longer time refreshes in WXPLUS mode of weather injection. There is also STANDARD MODE of weather injection you might take a look at via the CONFIGURATION MANAGER/WEATHER tab inside of REX. FSX is buggy in how it draws cloud positioning and there's nothing any weather engine can do about it. ALSO, make certain your RATE AT WHICH WEATHER CHANGES OVER TIME in FSX is set to NO CHANGE, as this is crucial.

Thanks for the info guys. I have a problem though. When I click on your link for the updater I just get a page telling me of the arrival of the product and a red button stating "Download Available Soon"  When I click on this I just get the same page. I've tried the "Products" pull down menu, but again I just end up on the same page. As an experiment, I signed into REX on my IPhone and was able to download from there. (Not that it's much good on my phone though :-\ ) I'm using Windows 7 and I have the UAC turned off. Firewall issue maybe??

Thanks again for your prompt replies.

It's because the webpage in question is cached on your computer. REFRESH the page, or simply clear your cache.

:D Thanks once again!! A quick refresh did the trick. Downloading now!!