try to install REX autoupdate.

just before the end of the install the following error message appears ;

An error occurred while installing components for rexupdater.Setup cannot continue until all systmescomponents have bee successfully installed.

Details:

Component Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64) has failed to install with the following error message:
"A failure occurred attempting to install the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5."

The following components were not installed:
- SQL Server 2012 Express LocalDB

The following components failed to install:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64)

See the setup log file located at 'C:\Users\willy\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD2C30.tmp\install.log' for more information.

regards

wil de boer

W7 ultimate

avg and firewall disabled during install

downloaded with google chroom.

Note: I have REX on remote pc do I have to install the updater on both pc`s .I try`d to on both pc`s the same error message.

Edited by wildeboer

An error occurred while installing components for rexupdater.Setup cannot continue until all systmescomponents have bee successfully installed.

Details:

Component Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64) has failed to install with the following error message:

See the setup log file located at 'C:\Users\willy\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD2C30.tmp\install.log' for more information.

regards

wil de boer

W7 ultimate

Note: I have REX on remote pc do I have to install the updater on both pc`s .I try`d to on both pc`s the same error message.

Details:

regards

wil de boer

W7 ultimate

Ok a small update ,I downloaded tne netframework and sql2012 maually from the  microsoft site.

the error for net framework isnot longer there.

but the install fails now on the sql2012 database missing

Hi,

Install seems to be blocked too here: window with the message "Downloading 1 of 4" and nothing is moving for now...

REX AI created the "REX Auto Update" folder with "setup.exe" and "rexautoupdatemanual.pdf" wihin.

Thank you for your efforts REX Team :)

When the error comes, read the message box: it showes the way to go  ;)

Use the path given to execute the "setup.exe" file. Done it after reboot. Then it works!

I resume:

1/ download REX AutoUpdate and launch it with the profil Administrator (right click)

2/ it never finished downloading the files (wait 5 or 10 minutes): click cancel and so on (see above, 2 replies)

3/ launch a new time REX AutoUpdate with the profil Administrator (right click)

4/ new message saying it can install .NET and SQL Server DB => note the path given such as DISK:\Users\LOGIN\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD3A42.tmp

5/ reboot the PC

6/ go to the folder given in step 4 for example DISK:\Users\LOGIN\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD3A42.tmp and launch setup.exe

It should do it!   ::)

Edited by greg

Same here ...

Downloads did work but installation stops when installing dot.net4.5 (86 and x64). Why does iot need to install the 32bit version when I am runnin win7x64. Please build a better autoupdater!

Harry

Harry -  They auto installer controls the version it needs to download based upon your system.  It is automatic and we don't control it with a OnceClick install setup.

Please try to re-install by right clicking on the original installer package as administrator.

If you need further assistance here is a TechNet Article with more detail on how to install the Auto Update:

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/26705-tn20130720-001-rex-auto-update-sql-server-install-error/

When I first ran the Install got the same error as everybody has been receiving . But did the work around as suggested

in my temp folder of App data - Local . Program finished it's installation and placed the new Icon on my desktop . I then

ran the Updater program and it worked perfectly . Thanks to the REX Team for this great new addition .

John

• Like 1

OK on this side problem solved.Running the installer as admin out off appdata/local. And it works.

thx for the solution.

I use 1 autoupdater for the fsxpc and the remote pc ,just change the REX locaion in the installer.

kind regards

wil

Edited by wildeboer

Thank's, it' OK now with the method above ,-)

Thank you very much to the REX Team and to Tim for this great job ;)

Regards