BadenBr

RESOLVED REX will not launch FSX

Hi

I have had to reinstall REX after a system rebuild and downloaded a new version from the website. I am now having issues with the program loading correctly. The original version of the software worked without any problems prior the rebuild. Now when I start REX as administrator I click the "Just Fly" button and the loading bar displays and everything looks to be loading correctly. When the load bar finishes it disappears but the option to start FSX and load weather fails to come up as it used to.

A number of error logs have been produced and are listed below.

ERROR TRAPING FOR REX ESSENTIAL

Class Location: SystemXCopy2.xcopyBackupInitial
Error: The device is not ready.

Class Location: frmMain.runPreWeatherEngineCheck
Error: The system cannot find the file specified

Class Location: frmConvert.copyTexturesToFSX
Error: The device is not ready.

I understand that there are some updates but would like to confirm if this issue is related to not having the updates installed and if so what updates should I be applying.

Look forward to seeing what suggestions can be offered to get this program working as it used to. 

Is that build number in your signature the actual build number on the ABOUT screen in REX?

Hi I have done the update and confirmed the build and restored settings.I then relaunched and had the same issue where the load bar finishes and the option to start FSX and load weather is not available. 

The build number is what exactly now? I will update your signature with this info.

1. You MUST give REX AND FSX BOTH permissions through your firewall.

2. Please post a screenshot of your REX Configuration Manager screen, particularly the GENERAL tab.

Hi I worked it out... I was setting the folder first and then restoring settings which changed the folder location to the old system. I corrected the folder and everything loaded correctly.

Thanks

That was what I was getting at when I asked you to post a shot ;)

Cheers!