Sign in to follow this  
utley

RESOLVED Weather injection download times

Since installing SP1 RTM, Ive been receiving notifications every 30 seconds for weather injection. Running in WX Plus mode.

ERROR TRAPING FOR REX ESSENTIAL

Class Location: metardata.add5LatLont

Error: Data type mismatch in criteria expression.

ERROR TRAPING FOR REX ESSENTIAL

Class Location: weathertheme.generateSmoothWTfile

Error: Could not find file 'C:\Real Environment Xtreme Essential\WxTheme\current.bgl'.mscorlib

Further, Ive ran the current.batch file, so now there is a current.bgl file now to be read. I will test further, but I do not know if this is an issue at the moment. I wont really notice anyways since I turned off the green status bar update in the menu, but it is indeed updating every 30 seconds to 1 minute.

Were you seeing the green bar every 30 seconds before you turned it off?

Please run the REX Database Tool and then Restore your Configuration Settings from the Backup/Restore Configuration settings section in REX.

I did this as well. Flew a flight for about 2 hours. At first, weather wouldnt refresh at all, and I flew for about 45 minutes. I alt tabbed to desktop and clicked on refresh weather. Weather started refreshing immediately, and refreshed every 30 seconds to 1 minute.

In WX PLUS mode, it refreshes every 2 minutes. This is the way it's designed.

Something is amiss here. Please do the following: 1.) Run a repair of REX from the Windows Control Panel. 2.) Then re-install the Service Pack. We have not experienced updates every 30 seconds.

Can we mark this issue resolved or closed?

We have not heard back from you in a while, so we are going to mark this issue resolved. If you need further assistance please feel free to open a new topic.