Sign in to follow this  
NRiese

RESOLVED Textures doesn't install into the game

Hi all. About a week ago I got back to FSX after a break and had to install all of my addons. I installed REX and upgraded to 3.5.2012.1029 overdrive and created a custom theme. I clicked install and they installed just fine and came up with the "Your textures has succesfully been loaded, would you like to fly now?" message. I entered the game and started a flight, but noone of the textures from REX seems to be installed into FSX. I have no clue what's wrong. I have tried to reinstall REX twice and I it is now installed in C:\REX and FSX installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X. I am running FSX Acceleration. I hope any of you can help me. Thanks!

Do you have screenshots we can see?

Also, are there any errorlogs present in the REX/ErrorLogs folder?

Nope, no errors. And I haven't really got any screenshots, because there isn't really anything to take a screenshot of. The textures simple does not install into the game.

Thank you for posting that information.

The number one reason textures don't get installed is because of firewall or antivirus software. Make certain REX AND FSX BOTH have 'rights' set in AVAST.

Some of these issues have been resolved with the Public Betas. If you upgrade to beta 2 we will be providing a patch to upgrade to RTM when released this week.

We recommend you download Service Pack 1 for REX Essential Plus or Overdrive.

You can download the appropriate versions here:

REX ESSENTIAL PLUS OVERDRIVE - SERVICE PACK 1

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/forum/82-rex-essential-plus-overdrive-updates-and-service-packs/

REX ESSENTIAL PLUS - SERVICE PACK 1

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/forum/81-rex-essential-plus-updates-and-service-packs/

Can we mark this issue resolved or closed?

We have not heard back from you in regards to your issue. Has the issue you addressed been resolved?

We have not heard back from you in regards to your issue. Has the issue you addressed been resolved?

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?

We have not heard back from you in a while, so we are going to mark this issue resolved. If you need further assistance please feel free to open a new topic.