Hi all,

I have just finally upgraded to the latest version of REX having been out of the loop for a long while.

I downloaded the latest version of REX from FSS and installed it, but noticed that this was only 1028, and there is an upgrade for 1029 available.

After installing 1028, I followed the instructions on the forum exactly and installed the 1029 update.

All has gone well, REX works fine, however I have two REX folders available in the start menu; "REX Essential Plus" and "REX Essential Plus Overdrive".

Is this correct or is this a duplicate install or another problem?

Cheers,

Jack

Hi Jack,

If you installed the update and chose the current REX folder as the destination, it would not have done this, so you updated wrong unfortunately. The strange thing is you say that REX is working fine. What you do from here is up to you.

Hi Tim,

Following our email correspondance I totally uninstalled everything REX related.

I then downloaded REX Plus 1028 from FSS and it installed fine.

I then installed REX 1029, choosing the REX folder (from 1028) as the install destination.

I have spent the past half hour uninstalling and re-installing, and the exact same thing happens. Always two folders. Any ideas?

Please note, there is only ONE REX folder on my C drive. For some reason, TWO REX folders appear in the start menu in Windows 7.

See these screenshots:

Only one REX folder on my C drive: Posted Image

But two REX folders appear in start menu: Posted Image

There is also only one REX icon on my desktop.

So, in other words, only one version of REX is installed on my hard-drive (1029), which is correct, but a mysterious duplicate REX is appearing in the start menu.

What's interesting is that both executable files in each folder will boot up the exact same version of REX (1029) and function perfectly normally.

Even weirder is that when I go to "add/remove programs", there are two different REX programs with two different REX versions (1028 and 1029). See here:

Posted Image

Edited by REXie

Ok, thank you for that report. I will mark this post as UNDER DEV REVIEW, and when Reed returns from his trip he will look at it.

Thanks again for your patience Jack.

Thanks all. Again I have added more detail and another screenshot to my post (Post #3 on thread). Please re-read it before any response. Cheers ;).

This topic is currently awaiting a developer response. Please wait patiently while we review your support topic.

The only way to confirm that this is correct is to verify files. First, right click on your REX icon on your desktop and confirm the folder location where the shortcut goes too? Secondly, please open the REX Essential Plus folder and open the Images/Cumulus clouds and please give me the number of folders located in that folder?

REX Desktop Icon -> Target = C:\REX Essential Plus\REX.exe

There are exactly 69 folders in the Cumulus Images section for REX Essential Plus.

Cheers.

You should be good to go then. Do not uninstall anything or you will loose files.

Thanks for the reply.

So is the double folder thing just an anomaly I can ignore?

We're assuming it's a fluke on your system, we cannot duplicate this on our end. Ignore it, unless of course you run into other issues.

Can we mark this issue resolved or closed?

We have not heard back from you in a while. So we are going to mark this issue resolved. If you need further assistance please feel free to open a new topic.