Dash121

FSX constantly crashes

First apologies if this is not in the right place, I always seem to have problems with fsx, just came back after a year or more because the program crashes, and hey it's like i've never left.i was flying an MS aircraft 2 mins from landing and.......

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61637.0

Application Timestamp: 46fadb14

Fault Module Name: unknown

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Offset: 9fb29aa9

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 00000008

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 2057.

Moving this to the hardware and tweaking forum in hopes that the gurus can help you with that!

anyone got any ideas ? crashed again, thinking of running on an SSD would that make it anymore stable?

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61637.0

Application Timestamp: 46fadb14

Fault Module Name: unknown

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Offset: 4255a444

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 00000008

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 2057

Are you using the "bufferpools=0" tweak? If you are that MAY be the problem

Sorry, I mean [bufferPools]. Tweak

Usepools=0

Hello Dash

I know it is diffucult to know what info to provide for us when asking for help so here is what we should know in order to get a feel of how your sim cooperating.

1.) Operating system and version (32bit or 64bit)

2.) RAM memory size

3.) Video card and memory size

4.) Overclocking?

5.) Total hard drive space

6.) Using REX in a network or not

7.) Which version of Flight Simulator installed (including service packs)

8.) Internet connection active or not

9.) Which antivirus software running

10.) Whether or not firewall running

11.) Whether or not you are utilizing FSUIPC

12.) If there are any error logs in the REX/ErrorLogs folder, make certain to include in your post

13.) Is UAC turned OFF in Windows

14.) What folder is REX installed in

15.) What folder is FSX/P3D installed in

16.) Do you start REX by RIGHT CLICKING the exe file and selecting RUN AS ADMIN EACH time?

17.) What is your RATE AT WHICH WEATHER CHANGES OVER TIME set to in FS?

18.) Did you use a flightplan from REX when experiencing the error(s)?

19.) Did you make changes to the CONFIGURATION screen or are ALL the settings stock?

20.) What are your texture settings within the OPTIONS window?

It really won't take very long for you to through this and it will help you in the end .

SSD will not make it run more stable because my hunch is that something is not correct in the first place. If you have a 1974 Vega and you decide to put a set of Mickey Thompson slicks on it it will not go any faster!.........................did I just say that?

Hi ! I had the same and almost gave up on FSX. Look at the guide that AVSIM developed and work your way through it. Their maybe something their that helps. The thing that cured 'ALL' the crashing for me was not installing Acceleration. Base install of FSX followed by SP1, SP2 and the AVSIM guide. Not had a crash since. Before I could not finish a single flight !!!

......Just to be clear for other simmers

Acceleration is NOT the problem. In fact it is a better patch than SP1 & SP2.

No offense Cloud' but if you had problems after installing ACC' it was user fault. ;)

:-) Well all I can say is this..... After months of trying to track down the problem. Including fresh OS install's and every fix I could find the only fix that worked for me was not installing Acceleration. Installed it and hay presto crashes back. Just to be clear I'm no Nugget. I've been 'flying' Flight Simulator in all it's forms since FS1 on an Apple II in 1980. I've also spent the last 25 years working as a Systems Engineer so I know my way around a PC ;-) I'm not saying it would fix this specific problem but it fixed mine. Surely it would be common sense to just take it out of the equation as I did ...... Be interested to know where you think I may have been at fault ?

Edited by Cloud_Tiger

Hi Cloud

Like I said "no offense"

My first point that I was trying to make is based on the thousands of users who have Acceleration and the small fraction of those who report having problems. If Acceleration was (is) indeed the problem then it seems to me that no one would be using it.

You situation could have stemmed from,

1) bad disk (physicall damage)

2) Corrupt data

3) Electrical interuption during install (resulting again in corrupt data)

4) Firewall/anti-virus blockage of one form or another

I am certainly no engineer but those are just a few things that could have contributed the problem

The second point is to be sure that users do not interpret what you said as being factual when it is not. The issues you experienced are isolated and sparse.

I am truly not here to challenge your knowledge. In fact I am humbled by the years of experience you have acquired.

No need to get all pissed off. Forums are for discusion and debate. We should all feel free to chime in as long as the facts are accurate. Getting upset and justifying your point by bragging is for another place......not here!

Edited by chik

Just to add to Chik's response. Many people will install Acceleration already having SP1 and 2 installed. Acceleration comes with both and having them installed before installing Acceleration will cause problems.

Bob G.

Hi Cloud

Like I said "no offense"

My first point that I was trying to make is based on the thousands of users who have Acceleration and the small fraction of those who report having problems. If Acceleration was (is) indeed the problem then it seems to me that no one would be using it.

You situation could have stemmed from,

1) bad disk (physicall damage)

2) Corrupt data

3) Electrical interuption during install (resulting again in corrupt data)

4) Firewall/anti-virus blockage of one form or another

I am certainly no engineer but those are just a few things that could have contributed the problem

The second point is to be sure that users do not interpret what you said as being factual when it is not. The issues you experienced are isolated and sparse.

I am truly not here to challenge your knowledge. In fact I am humbled by the years of experience you have acquired.

No need to get all pissed off. Forums are for discusion and debate. We should all feel free to chime in as long as the facts are accurate. Getting upset and justifying your point by bragging is for another place......not here!

Wow ! What a welcome to the REX Forums ! If you are a typical member then I dont think i'll bother coming back ! I think you need to chill out mate ! Whats with the language ? Who's getting #issed off ? Certaintly not me ? Getting upset and justifying my point by bragging ? What planet are you on ? Dont bother replying because I'll not be looking at this thread again !

Just to add to Chik's response. Many people will install Acceleration already having SP1 and 2 installed. Acceleration comes with both and having them installed before installing Acceleration will cause problems.

Bob G.

Yeah I was getting crashes after base FSX and Acceleration. Sp1 and 2 were not installed.

Bob G.

Hello,

Are you sure with that? Everybody seem to tell to install the 4: FSX, SP1, SP2, then Acceleration (even if you must uninstall SP2 to install Acc.). I remember an explanation: this brings the good versions of Simconnect and Visual C++ or something lke that.

Could you post your sources please?

TY.

It would be easier if you did Google or whatever search engine you wish to learn more about this. I can only tell you that if you install Acceleration, you don't have to install SP1 and 2. They and more are included with Acceleration.

Here's a link from long ago if you are interested.

http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/topic/154581-should-i-install-fsx-sp1-and-sp2/

Edited by gets

It would be easier if you did Google or whatever search engine you wish to learn more about this. I can only tell you that if you install Acceleration, you don't have to install SP1 and 2. They and more are included with Acceleration.

Here's a link from long ago if you are interested.

http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/topic/154581-should-i-install-fsx-sp1-and-sp2/

Gets is  right  about  this if you going to install acceleration you don't need sp1  or  sp2 

this thread opened my eyes to something I think is important. MS updates a product and charges for the update. REX updates a product, once, twice, x number of times, and makes nothing extra. sorry, for the intrusion of my sidebar to the ongoing discussion. Btw, I agree the solutions on the avsim forum, as wel as those from NIck at simforums.com, work wonders when followed properly.

Sherm

Hello I am new to this forum but not new to FSX. I have been using FSX now for about 6 yrs and have had times when it brings tears to my eyes from joy and wonder, and times when the tears are from frustration.  I have been a big REX fan for years and have moved to REX Essentials plus Overdrive, also use ORBX terrain overlays, and the Superbug and recently released Tacpac. And just for record use Acceleration as well. I have recently been through a time when fsx crashes a lot, and do everything you did not want it to do, and the reason was!!!! my computer hardware!!!! not FSX or any of the other softwares that I had installed ontop of it. Yes my hardware.!! After months of battling with my system I finaly took it to a computer store and had them check it out.They checked power supply, harddrive, and ram, and checked to see if my operating system had errors. Ram was faulty,and because my ram was not cashing properly when installing my operating system, it to was incomplete. So ontop of a corrupeted window 7 64 bit install I install FSX, REX, ORBX and variouse other third party software,and then proceed to blame FSX when my system crashed or WINDOWS or REX or ORBX. Who ever!! just take your pick, they all got blamed. To make things worse i had installed the wrong ram. I had installed  ram that was well suited for AMD systems and not INTEL. The 16 gig set required a lot of juice to just keep them running, and intel I7 systems prefere ram that have low energy requirments. Anyway the ram was broken as well the test revieled this after about 1 hour the sticks started failing. Not complete failure but just enough to cause problems. 2 sticks were bad. I paid for the diagnosis and went home ordered a 4 stick set that he recomended for my system and when they came in i installed them and  I reinstalled my op system and updated.  I now have installed on my system, FSX, Track IR, REX E plus OD, ORBX terrain overlays Superbug and variouse other thirdparty hardware and ALL IS WELL WITH THE WORLD.  No crashes no system failures no problems at all. Last night I did a hop from Whitbey Island, state of Washington USA, to Honalulu in a B1 bomber at 32000ft. 1400 something miles. Took aprox 2 and half hours to do the trip but was wonderful. Great high def cloud formations and the sea coloring was spectacular, and of couse what FSX flyer does not have the wife or girlfriend lurking in the background. Anyway my point is dont blame FSX or Windows or REX or whatever, sometimes its a PICNIC. PROBLEM IN CHAIR NOT IN COMPUTER.

• Like 1

Are you using the "bufferpools=0" tweak? If you are that MAY be the problem

Sorry, I mean [bufferPools]. Tweak

Usepools=0

Just FYI for everyone - UsePools=1 Utilizes your computers memory  -  UsePools=0 Utilizes the Graphics Card Memory.

So if you have a big GC with 2GB or more you can try UsePools=0 and see what you get It may be better or it may perform worse.

Depends on other tweaks you have applied to your FSX CFG.

I have a new 3GB card and mine still performs better with UsePools=1 Utilizing my computers ram where I have 16GB of ram. 

But FSX by default code only utilizes 2-4 GB of ram period.

And to have FSX perform well at all you need to at least perform the "Bejote Tweak"   There are many more to add to that tweak but that should be a minimum!

In all of my experience with FSX it is all about the right tweaks, yes you need a decent system too but the tweaking makes all of the difference.

Edited by Skyy High Airways
  • Like 1

I cannot get REX Essential Plus to work on my system with FSX either. It crashes FSX everytime I fly. I have read the manual diligently and nothing solves the problem. So, I will delete the program and take the loss of money. Its too bad when something is cool and expensive and it doesn't work.

There is something wrong with your system, or your installation procedure. Think twice before you abandon REX. It is just about the best add on out there....admittedly complicated, but that is what makes it so effective. btw, I have had my own issue, including difficulty in upgrading to the latest 415 edition for FSX...but, before you quit, wait for the new update tool which REX promises will solve virtually all installation problems. The admistrators are saying it should be coming out within days

Sherm

I had a similar problem with FSX stopping and a message saying "FSX has stopped responding" Being a beta tester I never had this problem in over the year we have been testing. I was convinced it was a problem with the latest build we were testing. Reinstalled everything except windows and still had the problem. After days of trying to find the problem I decided to remove any new aircraft etc. I had installed since the last build.

Sure enough after I removed a certain aircraft I installed from my VA's website, my problem disappeared. Something in that file didn't agree with fSX or the file was corrupt.

Haven't had a problem in over the past month.

Hope this helps.

Bob.

I'm be interested to know how many copies of REX have been installed and working vs the number that do not work. My hunch is that you would find a much higher success rate ve failure/

@Crete:  ........... like Shermank says, "don't throw it out yet".

PM me so I can give you some one on one help. When we figure it out we can post further, the results.

Totofree + 1.

I had issues with FSX crashing etc but was resolved once I

1. got the right hardware setup and

2. installed FSX + Acc, FSGLOBAL, ORBX + REX ESS Plus O/D plus SP1 with very basic fsx.cfg tweaks (Bojote's FSX Tool)

I am currently running on Win8 64 with no crashes so far. Did need the vista uiautomation file in the FSX root folder.

Cheers,

Marz

Edited by a340500