BushPilotHendu

RESOLVED Real World Weather bad performance. Please reply ASAP.

Hello whoever reads this I am having issues running real world weather on fsx with REX, I can run absolutely fine with custom weather getting around 26-30 fps, but with real world I get 14-26 please help!

Hang on Bushie....some one will get to you...but, it will really help if you provide stat about the hardware driving your computer...also, most of us think that 14-24 fps is pretty respectable. but, in the meantime, one thing you can do is limit the esolution of your cloud textures in the configuration manager....1024 is much easier than 2048, not to mention 4096...just a thought...good luck

Sherm

You can call me Hendu, my computer specs are: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition 3.4 ghz, 8gb DDR3 ram, PNY GTX 460 1GB, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, and FSX installed on a seperate 1TB hard drive.

And yes I have textures on 1024 x 1024 and I still get about the same, I swear this does not happen when I select a FSX weather theme.

Actually I am wrong about the themes, turns out the themes that have more clouds make more lag. I really expected my new computer to do the job :( I don't know what to do I can't fly with frames like that it makes it harder to fly.

Lowering the resolution to 512x 512 didn't make much of a difference, can somebody please help me I worked hard to get this addon and it is not paying off :(.

Hendu,

Sounds like you should register to get official support from the team; from just another user, though, I think it may be that if the problem is specific to when you have the realtime weather system running in the background and downloading weather updates, there's some sort of problem occurring there.

My first recommendation would be to go to your Control Panel first and make sure you have .NET Framework 3.5sp1 installed, and updated to latest versions, via Windows Update (i.e. check to see that .NET 3.5sp1 is installed; if not, the REX folder has a dotnet35fx.exe you can run to install it; after that, launch Windows Update to make sure it is then updated to latest version).

After that, I'd also make sure you have the latest version of SimConnect installed (Google it if necessary, I think there's also a copy of that installer in the REX folder).

Make sure your network firewall is allowing traffic through for REX, if you know how to do that.

That's all I can think of for now, hope that helps.

Edited by FleetingThought

Personally I think your rig just might not be up to what your asking it to do, just a thought.

Hey guys I actually fixed it a while back! Turns out that I needed to set the clouds to high and the cloud resolution to 1024x1024 thanks for the help anyway!