pasquino66

RESOLVED REX Ess Plus - real-weather tab ISSUE

here's the problem - REX Essential + / 3.2.2013.0123

...start REX EP...weather download process bar regularly loading - then go on WEATHER tab/choose "use real weather data" - there I am on the REAL-TIME WEATHER section...type an ICAO (any ICAO same story)....example LIRF...press [submit]...!!!PROBLEM!!! a pop up window "nearby weather station" is EMPTY...no fields to choose...then REAL-TIME WEATHER page remains EMPTY, no METAR, no TAF no PIREP no W/A...

Odd enough, if I push button on bottom left corner [VIEW WEATHER], i.e. satellite image, it works.

Tried also thru flight planning but same story - no real weather loaded - no winds aloft displayed.

tried to check on REX Essential Plus folder (D:\ REX Ess plus)...there is no folder for Airmet, no for Tafs, no for Pireps - in the METAR XML folder I got one single METAR_REPORT xml file with all METARs downloaded into one single file (as I open it format does not resemble anything like an XML format)

Norton Antivirus opened for REX.exe in and out

i7 3770k @4,2 GHz

16GB RAM

Windows 7 pro 64 bit

GTX680 Nvidia

Windows UAC turned off

...already tried uninstalling and reinstalling...niet!

help thx

I am sorry for the late delay. We confirmed that we are receiving data and our team doesn't report this issue. So there is something else going on here. Can you do the following:

1.) Uninstall REX and remove any left over REX folders.

2.) Re-install REX RTM into the {your drive}:\REX

3.) Re-install the beta's into the same folder.

Let me know if that solves the issue.

mm...ok..thing is I have just installed what was available on Flightsimstore as a download....infact i did it without realizing it was a BETA...so I do not have installation file of other version...sounds like chaos - started with rex2.0 then upgraded to Essential then Essential Plus...thought it was RTM (means official release right?).

Acknowledging the mess...what should I do? thanks!

FSS does NOT contain the BETA version of our software! You installed the beta, or it would never have listed that as the version number.

1. Uninstall REX fully via the proper way: START/CONTROL PANEL/PROGRAMS AND FEATURES and uninstall EVERYTHING REX related

2. Navigate to where REX was installed and delete ALL leftover folders. Basically make certain NOTHING REX-RELATED is on your system.

3. Download and install CCLEANER: http://www.piriform....leaner/download The FREE version is great!

4. Run CCLEANER.

• Open CCLEANER
  • Select RUN CLEANER
  • Select the REGISTRY TAB
  • Select SCAN FOR ISSUES
  • Select FIX SELECTED ISSUES
  • Select YES and choose a location to back up registry (your choice)
  • Select SAVE
  • Select FIX ISSUES
  • Select CLOSE
  • CLOSE CCLEANER
  • REBOOT PC
5. Download and install the newest REX Software available in your account at the Flightsimstore.com

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?

Can we mark this issue resolved or closed?

Can we mark this issue resolved or closed?

We have not heard back from you in a while. So we are going to mark this issue resolved. If you need further assistance please feel free to open a new topic.