kellyra

RESOLVED REX Wx Engine weather injection issues

Hi,

I have tried to search the existing topics - but cannot find one that addresses the problem I have . . .

(I am running FSX + REX 2 with essential +)

During flight, when the REX Wx engine updates the real-time weather and injects into FSX, the process is extremely unrealistic. i.e. when the process begins, the weather temporarily clears up completely (while REX seem to be injecting weather) with suddenly no winds and clear blue skies . . . and then, once the weather injection process is finished some 20 to 30 seconds later (as reported on the top left of the screen), the weather suddenly re-appears, together with all the clouds, altitude barometer pressure changes, and all the winds aloft. This causes erratic and very unrealistic transitions in weather every time new weather is loaded and injected.

Surely this is not correct and the transition can be much smoother and realistic? Please help !

Many thanks in advance,

Which weather mode are you using in REX: WXPLUS or Standard mode?

Also, can you please Open REX and provide us with a screenshot of your CONFIGURATION MANAGER->WEATHER ENGINE screen?

Hi,

I am using WXPLUS.

Here is the screenshot as requested - thanks.

Posted Image

Regards,

Edited by kellyra

Rhett I am sorry your post got lost in on another page. First, let me address smooth transitions. FSX cannot handle smooth transitions it is not built into its code. Even with Simconnect there is a function to handle this, but it doesn't work well. Let me recommend either upgrading to the SP betas or try the Standard mode.

Hi there,

Thanks for the response. I did try the standard weather mode and it seemed a little better. At least it did not clear all the weather before updating with the latest weather. There was still quite a transition - but it was a little better (smoother).

"SP betas" - I assume this stands for Service Pack Betas ? Not aware that these existed - so will search for them on the REX website and try them out.

Just tried to find the SP betas. I saw that there is Beta 1 and Beta 2 looking at the support forum groups? However, where can I download these and do I need to install both ?

Thanks and regards,

Edited by kellyra

I am just checking in to see if the issue you are experiencing has been resolved?

Can we mark this issue resolved or closed?

Can we mark this issue resolved or closed?

We have not heard back from you in a while. So we are going to mark this issue resolved. If you need further assistance please feel free to open a new topic.