rossb

RESOLVED WaSyS on client machine

Hi Guys,

Not been around here for about 3 years :-) But have got back to FSX and have just bought REX Essentials+Overdrive again. I have a very (possibly silly) question. In the "older" version of REX there was a seperate wasys.exe file which I could load up on a client machine and use simconnect to my FSX server to control weather injection etc. After snooping about on here and also in the REX content I can't seem to find the equivalent for REX Essentials, the only task/s running when I launch REX and the WaSys on the FSX server are two instances of REX.exe. Has this method now been deprecated? Do I have to install the "full" version of REX on the client as well? Simconnect is all setup fine etc, I just want to avoid installing the entire REX package on the client for just one element. Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Ross.

Edited by rossb

Hi Guys,

Not been around here for about 3 years :-) But have got back to FSX and have just bought REX Essentials+Overdrive again. I have a very (possibly silly) question. In the "older" version of REX there was a seperate wasys.exe file which I could load up on a client machine and use simconnect to my FSX server to control weather injection etc. After snooping about on here and also in the REX content I can't seem to find the equivalent for REX Essentials, the only task/s running when I launch REX and the WaSys on the FSX server are two instances of REX.exe. Has this method now been deprecated? Do I have to install the "full" version of REX on the client as well? Simconnect is all setup fine etc, I just want to avoid installing the entire REX package on the client for just one element. Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Ross.

Ross - Welcome back to REX and Flight Simming. You are correct in that you need to install REX Essential Plus on your client machine. We depreciated the separate program that was in REX 1 and REX 2.

Hi Reed,

Thanks for the feedback, I guess I better clear up some space on my laptop :-)

Regards,

Ross.