Hello,

For few days, REX Essential weather engine do not load the weather and the aircraft position.

I open REX Essential, wait for complete weather download and select Weather menu.

I select an airport ICAO name to view weather at departure location.

I select Fly and REX weather engine opens.

I launch Shade with FSX, select my aircraft and departure airport to begin my flight.

REX weather engine still stays with green loading HMI...

I tried two times to uninstall REX Essential, cleaned PC with CCleaner, then re-install REX Essential by changing location and name on HDD but with no positive result.

I have never had this problem with REX 2 on the same PC.

Could you help me to identify a possible fix?

PC on W7 64 bits

FSX with UT2, Accu Feel V2 and GSX

Thanks,

Regards,

Junior_2VA

Which weather mode are you using in REX: WXPLUS or Standard mode?

Also, can you please Open REX and provide us with a screenshot of your CONFIGURATION MANAGER->WEATHER ENGINE screen?

Hello,

I'm using REX in WXPLUS mode.

Here is my configuration manager for weather engine tab :

Posted Image

Please note that it seems running when I select weather engine standard mode (with or without option checked). REX weather engine HMI is update with radar but my aircraft remains centered at Toulouse, France.

I have never had problem with REX2 weather engine with the same PC and FSX / Shade / UT2 / GSX configuration

Thanks

SP 1 beta 1 and 2 installed : REX in V3.2.2013.0218

No change : REX Weather engine green HMI do not load map and weather in WXPLUS mode nor standard mode

By waiting, I'm using real meteo updated by FSX... REX showing me METAR and meteo for fuel consumption calcul.

Thanks for your help

Edited by Junior_2VA

Are you in total flight mode within FSX and you never see REX update the weather? Also, did you say you have FSX downloading weather?

Normally, as with the "old" REX2, I was flying with FSX in clear weather FSX meteo theme (no update of weather) and REX Weather Engine (update and injection of weather).

With REX Essential, the download of weather in REX weather engine do not work so I use FSX updated weather to fly with a "more realistic" weather = work around before fixing REX weather engine problem.

The issue is a Simconnect mismatch. Please do the following:

1.) Please uninstall REX and FSX completely.

2.) Remove any left over folders from REX

3.) Remove the Simconnect WinSxS folders. This located in your Windows/WinSxS folder. DO THIS CAREFULLY!!!

4.) Run CCleaner and a HD defrag

5.) Reinstall FSX, SP1, or SP2 or Acceleration outside of the Program Folders.

6.) Reinstall REX and then beta 1 and then beta 2. Again make sure to install outside of the Program Files folder.

I'm glad to see you find a way to restore the connection of REX with FSX. I was suspected too a simconnect issue by reading many forum.

I'm going to restore simconnect without uninstall FSX and its multiple add-ons... I keep you in touch about that.

Otherwise, I will uninstall all :-

About 2 days are necessary to re-install FSX and its add-ons (6 hours just for FS Global 2010!)

I will try a simple restore / clean up of simconnect to avoid uninstall / re-install of FSX ;D

Thank you

Jean-Rémi

Hello,

Nothing is working to restore simconnect (by repairing Acceleration, by installing SDK and monitoring C:\Windows\winsxs, by copying from another PC...)!

It's time to the annual big cleanup :(

Uninstall of all add-ons

Uninstall of external applications

Uninstall of FSX

CCleaner

Re-install of all used applications with a methodology (check-list to respect FSX layers, patch of applications, ...)

I will do that on my next holidays... in May.

By waiting I use FSX updated weather with REX textures.

Jean-Rémi

I had this problem personally. And although I try to see if there are other solutions, the best one I found to fix the Simconnect issue is to reinstall the whole thing from scratch.

Hello,

I did it, prepared add-ons uninstallation, backuped some files... and Installed all.

Allways KO :

1.) Uninstall of REX and FSX completely.

2.) Remove any left over folders from REX and FSX

3.) Remove the Simconnect WinSxS folders. This located in your Windows/WinSxS folder.

4.) Run CCleaner and a HD defrag

6.) Reinstall REX and then beta 1 and then beta 2. Again make sure to install outside of the Program Files folder.

==> No Simconnect WinSxS folders!!!

1.) Uninstall of REX and FSX completely.

2.) Remove any left over folders from REX and FSX

4.) Run CCleaner + cleanup "simconnect" in regedit and a HD defrag

7.) Install of FSX SDK + FSX / SP1A / Acceleration simconnects

==> 3 folders in Winsxs :

x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_none_dd92b94d8a196297

x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_none_e079b46b85043c20

x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61259.0_none_55f5ecdc14f60568

But Weather Engine do not load weather : green HMI like before! :-[

Win 7 issue?

Jean-Rémi

I have just tried another thing :

I uninstalled REX Essential

I re-install REX2...

All is working with REX2 weather engine (REX2 WASys) ???

And I verified also that Simconnect is working with SDK sample...

I'm going slighty crazy with this probem...

This week, no VFR at Toulouse : it's raining so no need of REX weather engine ;D

Jean-Rémi

Edited by Junior_2VA

So REX 2 is working fine, but REX Ess Plus is not. If you still have REX 2 installed and your right click on the Simconnect.DLL located in the folder and give me the build #?

Also, did you recently install or reinstall zone alarm or avast? Have you given REX permissions in BOTH programs?

Hello,

@ rstough : G:\Real Environment Xtreme 2.0\Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll in version 10.0.61355.0 (fsx-sp 1.20070510-2038)

@ timest999 : There were recent updates of Avast / Zone Alarm. I add REX folder (G:\REX Essential Plus) in exclusion of Avast and give manually full permissions to REX processes in Zone Alarm. No success...

Jean-Rémi

I noticed in your signature that you have your UAC turned on. Can you confirm if you turn this off that REX Ess Plus will work or not?

UAC is turned OFF since the re-installation of FSX + REX Ess

Nevertheless REX Ess Weather Engine do not want to work anymore...

I have just re-installed FSX and REX Ess, no other add-on (Shade, UT2, GSX...). Only the FSX / REX couple is now installed on my PC.

Jean-Rémi

Hello,

I have tried NetFxRepairTool with no success :

- first pass : no effect

- first pass + re-install of dotNetFx40_Full_setup : no effect

- second pass (complete reparation of all .Net components) : no effect

I will try a complete uninstallation of REX Ess + FSX + simconnect

Execution of NetFxRepairTool

Complete re-installation of FSX and REX Ess

Thanks for all

Jean-Rémi

Jean - we have determined that an update to the .net 3.5 SP 1 is causing issues with our Simconnect in Windows Update. We have determined a fix and will be issuing it with the new SP 1 RTM coming out in a couple of days.

My firstname is Jean-Rémi (association of two simple firstname, very common in France : Jean-Charles, Jean-François, and so on) :)

My friends call me JR (as in Dallas) or Jr (Junior, as in US terminology). You now know the origine of my login!

I'm pleased to read that you find the origine of my trouble. All Microsoft environment must be very restrictive and complex for your developments.

Don't worry fot the delivery target, weather in France is very simple at this time : snow at the North, rain at the South : no need of REX weather engine, VFR forbidden, only IFR flights in liner are possible! Otherwise REX2 WAsys is still working.

Thanks a lot for your support

Jean-Rémi

We are continuing to monitor this topic for possible further action.

Jean-Remi - Just to give an update. We will be compiling the SP 1 RTM tonight and should have it uploaded to the public by Thursday or Friday at the latest.

Very nice!

By the way I'm going to use REX2 WASys tonight to fly around Seattle with 737 PIC EVO...

It will change from Airbus at Toulouse!

Jean-Rémi