Sign in to follow this  
johnbow1972

RESOLVED REX Essentials Plus O.D. will not connect with P3D

I just recently went back to using my P3D and wanted to use REX with it . REX loads up fine and it says I have licence for P3D . But when I hit the fly now button it does

not start P3D . I did try P3D , but no weather was being injected in . I use REX with FSX with out any issues . I have installed the Rexessplus_od-20130124_public beta .

My build is 3.6.2013.0124 . I have made sure that I have pointed REX to my P3D folder in my program files . Any help will be appreciated

John

Yes I did that last summer and on my main config. screen it says that I have license for P3D .

John

John, please keep your support inquiries in regards to this issue in your own thread... your issue is most likely not identical to someone else's.

How do you open the REX app? What is the exact protocol?

Also, I would like to ask you to please update your signature with ALL of the following info:

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/23357-please-read-first-before-posting-in-support/

Sorry about jumping in on that thread . I just wanted to let someone know I had the same issue with getting the error message on trying to post on the forum . Anyway I open REX by right clicking and run as administator . In FSX

everything works fine . The Green radar screen pops up and then FSX loads normally . With P3D , I make sure that I have REX pointed at the P3D directory in my C drive / program files . I have REX and FSX outside of the

program files on my C drive and in their own folders .

John

Ok, thank you for that John.

Now, in your Antivirus, did you forget to give permissions to P3D?

Don't forget to amend your signature as I asked please. ;)

I am working on a new signature and I will check the A.V. now .

John

Signature now updated and still no go with P3D .

John

Try turning UAC off in windows, restart the computer and then try again. This says something that P3D is located in the locked down area of the programs files area!

ERROR TRAPING FOR REX ESSENTIAL

Class Location: frmMain.runPreWeatherEngineCheck

Error: The system cannot find the file specified

This was the last error log from REX . Also I turned off UAC and restarted computer with no luck . One option I could try is to uninstall P3D and then reinstall in separate folder on C: drive keeping it out of

the program files altogether .

John

John, only IF you are willing to do that... I hate to suggest something like this before a more tech-savvy person from REX can view your thread. Reed will be alerted of this thread, however I'm sure it will be Monday before he can help here... he has a large family and Sunday's are typically his day off.

John, only IF you are willing to do that... I hate to suggest something like this before a more tech-savvy person from REX can view your thread. Reed will be alerted of this thread, however I'm sure it will be Monday before he can help here... he has a large family and Sunday's are typically his day off.

I can easily wait till next week . Thanks again for your help .

John

This topic is currently awaiting a developer response. Please wait patiently while we review your support topic.

John, while you were making your signature, you deleted your order number. Can you add it again ?

You can mark this as resolved now . I reinstalled P3D out of the C/Program Files/(x86) and into a separate folder on my C drive and everything is good . Thanks for your help with this Peter .

John

Sign in to follow this