Sign in to follow this  
deltafan

RESOLVED Ocean Textures Not Loading

Hello all,

Recently reinstalled FSX/REX (according to the published uninstall/install procedures found on the forum and manual). Installed REX 2.3.2010.1027 then the Essentials Plus Overdrive upgrade on top of that (the upgrade found in this topic http://www.realenvir...20101027-users/).

When I go to load textures from REX, my custom ocean/inland water color textures do not seem to install in sim. I am aware of the differences in waterclass from region to region, but there seems to be no change no matter where in the ocean I test, be it close to shore, far out at sea, near tropical areas, or far from tropical areas. I have tried installing textures that are bold green in color to bold blue, and each time the water textures look the same as default. I have tried running the database repair tool, with no luck to fix this problem. However, textures do seem to be created in the Temp Theme folder, why they are not making it to the sim though...is why I'm here. My ErrorLog file only reads:

ERROR TRAPING FOR REX ESSENTIAL
Class Location: ucThemeTropical.addNewRecord
Error: The INSERT INTO statement contains the following unknown field name: 'type'.  Make sure you have typed the name correctly, and try the operation again.

A search through the forums did not yield any results for my problem. I recall bringing this problem up some time in the past, only to have gone ignored and have lived with it since then. Now that I've taken the time to reinstall however, I would like to finally be able to take full advantage of the product I paid for. Help and support to accomplish this end will be most appreciated.

Hi, this is a known bug and will be fixed in the upcoming SP.