ROMAN78

Update News?

YYYaaawwwn. Updates will be ready when the REX team decide it's ready. You gotta get used to the wait from when REX say something is coming to when you get it. All in good time you will be rewarded with your patience.

Honestly... already use to it.... I was just going off what I was told a few days ok... I'm be fine regardless. Thanks however!!

ROMAN78

Hi guys, we're testing the plus package as we speak, uuurrr...... type! ;D Hold on a little longer.

wait more longer when REX Essential was released i remember talking on skype support to Reed he said it should not take more than month to release overdrive now it's 4 months have gone by i knew from day forth their is no way that it would ever release that soon one thing i have learned from this company never ever expect to have anything released fast everything takes a long time here since everything needs to be perfect and the best before anything is released which i like i guess.

Plans have since changed obviously, as we had to take care of the issues that were being reported, and add new features to compete with the changing marketplace ;)

Yeah, It's frustrating to see/read others enjoy Essentials, and us OD users being left in the dark.

So..., Will the Plus Package be the one that replaces OD???

No Fred, you may not say that you OD users are being left in the dark. The devs are working VERY hard to have it released and we as beta testers are doing our part besides our fulltime job, also very hard, so that you, users, should have the most essential out of your REX ESS. Don't forget that developing software is not thàt easy, it's not like taking a piece of paper and a pen and start writing. BTW, better waiting (even longer than expected) and having a good addon than having it very soon with a lot of bugs. At least we still have a private life and family too.

Thanks for your understanding.

Clearly, there are adults who post to this forum, and there a children. Well, children, this is not the place for instant gratification. If you want that, go back to your playroom. Good things take time to develop. Consider fine wine as an example. With what I am sensing from the REX management people and beta testers, we will have a vintage crop, when REXE-OD, finally becomes reality!

Edited by shermank

Lots of words but nothing has changed. This is why some vendors do not preannounce updates. It seems that asking about an update is great. Keeps us aware that some goodies are coming. However, insisting that it either must be released by a date certain or a date must be given will accomplish absolutely nothing. I have seen people on other forums go through 5 or 6 posts with each one showing more agitation. Nothing changed but some were banned.

One question:

REX ESS OD will will also have the characteristics of REX ESS+ ? or there will be a distinct plus version for OD after its release?

I do not doubt that you are working hard on the development, but understand it's been a while since the announcement and look forward to having it in our simulator. Anyway, I agree that it is better to wait and have a finished product that one half with much failure.

Grettings

The only thing that frustrates me a bit is that SimMarket never got an Essentials Download for its REX customers, what ever the reason behind this is, is null to me. I too am a software developer for Game Design and Testing of the World In Conflict Modern Warfare Mod 3 (NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH CALL OF DUTY), I understand that bugs are inherent especially in new code that while superior also bring harder more complex bugs to fix, and that sometimes a definite date to release may not be viable. IMHO if you set a date to be released and that date passes it usually makes the community very upset and much more so inquisitive as to why. What I have learned to do is small press releases explaining what you have fixed and what you are currently working on.

I am also a "light" developer for ArmA II Warfare BE =SWF= Edition (I edit and customize C++ code to add new features once a stable release is out), what might help you Timest999 and other developers on here is to take a similar approach to how ArmA II mods are tracked in development, please see the link below to grab an understanding. You can add and change anything in development status and it lets the community know exactly whats going on....

https://dev-heaven.net/versions/1337

Spartan - your main issue of REX essential for sim market clearly needs addressing by the team.

In terms of progress log, that looks more targeted at internal teams vs customers (users).

Whilst yes comms are lacking from REX teams regarding progress updates, lets bear in mind REX-ess is FREE.

So I am not too concerned as comms does take a lot of time which would be better spent on testing and fixing the product.

Just my 2cents

Cheers