Sign in to follow this  
imjimh

CLOSED Having trouble with Essential? Install it the right way first!

Essential is the best thing that has happened to flight sim since Vatsim! But if you do not install it like the instructions say, you will not see what everyone is talking about. Remember, half the fun is building the system and watching your efforts work! Take your time...Watch the build numbers and install each correctly. It will amaze you when you get it right! A thunderstorm last night rocked my NGX and lightning flashed so close at times I had to tighten my seat belt!

By the way, I did not use the 86 file path to install REX2 to start. I used C:REX-FSX as the location. (you have to creat this path) I just installed all the builds in that file. Remember, after downloading, install each bulid in the REX-FSX location. If you don't, you will just get a message saying can't find it, and to re-install. And there are a couple of files to rename...easy move... Once you install all the correct builds.....look out!!! You will see something you never would have believed!! Once you get it right, you will also be ready for Essential Overdive....I am not sure how you can make essentials any better, but it sounds like it will be.

Get the instructions starting with REX2 install and follow the INSTRUCTIONS! I know, when all else fails, read the instructions.

Above is just my overview, and I hate to give process that you may have problems with, but it is only suggestion and you are the captain. If you follow the instructions and take you time,,,,you will get it.

Well, thats my 2 cents!!!!! Good luck!

Sorry for the silly question.

Where are the instructions ?

I am going to start from REX 2 + OD, is it recommended to wipe it out before installing Essential ?

Thx in advance

Yea there abit scattered amongst the threads here the intructions so if your starting from scratch first u need to download the essential exe from fss to your pc'

If you already purchased rex2 from fss than follow the proceedure below since your account will reflect your upgrade to REX essential just check your account to see if it has been updated first

1 Than you need to uninstall your previous rex2 and o/d from your pc making sure you manually remove any left over folders that are left behind that are in your user name app data roaming folder

2 than use ccleaner to wipe any traces of any your previous REX installation than defragg your pc

3 than once you have unzipped your rexe installer that you have downloaded from fss make sure you use admin rights to install it and its a good idea to diasble your avg as well

3 Once its installed it will make an icon on your desktop, open it up using admin rights always use admin right when using rexe than read the manual by selecting the help tab on the top of the splash screen.Fill out blank ares making sure you point the correct location of your fsx location.

4 Than once you have done all this you need to install your textures first once you have done this your a right to go.

5 Tip Always use admin rights when starting rexe :)

hope this helps you

Edited by pete_auau

Yea there abit scattered amongst the threads here the intructions so if your starting from scratch first u need to download the essential exe from fss to your pc'

If you already purchased rex2 from fss than follow the proceedure below since your account will reflect your upgrade to REX essential just check your account to see if it has been updated first

1 Than you need to uninstall your previous rex2 and o/d from your pc making sure you manually remove any left over folders that are left behind that are in your user name app data roaming folder

2 than use ccleaner to wipe any traces of any your previous REX installation than defragg your pc

3 than once you have unzipped your rexe installer that you have downloaded from fss make sure you use admin rights to install it and its a good idea to diasble your avg as well

3 Once its installed it will make an icon on your desktop, open it up using admin rights always use admin right when using rexe than read the manual by selecting the help tab on the top of the splash screen.Fill out blank ares making sure you point the correct location of your fsx location.

4 Than once you have done all this you need to install your textures first once you have done this your a right to go.

5 Tip Always use admin rights when starting rexe :)

hope this helps you

Thanks a lot mate ! Deeply usefull !

I would pin this thread maybe also adding a link where to download REXE.

Cheers

that too if your only going to use the patched version and not doing the full update version

Edited by pete_auau