chik

CLOSED Delete Or Modify Favorites

Hello everyone.

I sometimes make changes to an already made favorite but I find that I end up with a list of them. I am referring to not only my list of favorites but also to the water settings. I was wondering if there is a way to make a small change and then save it to an already made file and just overwrite it rather than have to make a new one. I searched here but could not find anything on this. If this has been covered could you be so kind as to direct me to this subject?

Thanks very much-----chik---

I'm not quit sure what you mean. You want to overwrite an excisting custom theme with changes to only parts of it? Or do you want to change the content of a theme without actually working on parts of it?

I think he's talking about if you modify a theme you already have saved, and be able to save it to one of the existing names to apply the changes to that one.

I have always had to save it as a new one, with a number on the end so it has a different file name, then delete the earlier ones if I don't want them.

americanflyer I think you have the concept of my question. I'll give you an example. When I open the configurator and got to "I like to create", rather than install a REX preset theme I might want to make my own. Now for example I have my own theme called "gloomy days" where I want to install my own selected textures from sky to clouds to water etc. Then after installing it in the sim I might decide to change only the inland water blue for instance. Now I have to save a whole new theme instead of just saving it to the original theme I created in the first place.

I could do it your way americanflyer but then can you tell me how to delete the other themes I want to get rid of?

Thanks for helping me!

chik

I could do it your way americanflyer but then can you tell me how to delete the other themes I want to get rid of?

Thanks for helping me!

chik

I just go to the drop down box of the saved themes to the one I don't want anymore. It will change the settings as it loads the options so make sure you have already saved your new theme or the changes will be replaced on loading. Then just click delete and confirm to get rid of that version you don't want anymore.

Thanks.

.....I hate to go on and on but so far so good. Now how do I delete the list of water entries. My problem is that I try to make adjustment to one theme by adjusting my water colors, Go into the sim and check, go back to REX UI, make more adjustments in water and try again till I have it where I want it. Now I have half a dozen water favorites where I just want one. In other words I can't just save my water to the same entry and overwrite with the same name.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/807FTX_KMHV_to_KBTL04_Jan.jpg

Thanks again......

Edited by chik

Thanks.

.....I hate to go on and on but so far so good. Now how do I delete the list of water entries. My problem is that I try to make adjustment to one theme by adjusting my water colors, Go into the sim and check, go back to REX UI, make more adjustments in water and try again till I have it where I want it. Now I have half a dozen water favorites where I just want one. In other words I can't just save my water to the same entry and overwrite with the same name.

http://fsfiles.org/f..._KBTL04_Jan.jpg

Thanks again......

Oh..I didn't even notice the favorites within the water settings. I've just used the defaults for the water coloring. One of the developers would probably have to answer that one.

Thanks.

http://fsfiles.org/f..._KBTL04_Jan.jpg

Thanks again......

Hi, no not really with the procedure you are proposing. It can be done though with a little handy work. REX saves your customized themes in separate folders even when you use the same name. I can explain how to do it, but would prefer to do so in a PM if you want me to. (it involves manual delete of folders and editing an xml file)

Hmmm yeah, I saw those files and got nervous so I stopped there. Maybe in the next version the UI might fix this?. Maybe a short tut in a sticky might be a good idea.

Thanks folks---chik----

OK. REX Essential will handle this completely different!! ;D

Hi, i have REX Essential with the same problem. I cant delete de water themes. Is there a way to do it and i don't even know how to ?

Regards.

Order #FSS0147403