Sign in to follow this  
gmjones

RESOLVED REX, latest Version

Firstly let me say that REX is one of, if not THE best flight simulator enhancers on the market and it has certainly gave my FS2004 a big boost.

Now I have ordered this on SIMMARKET yesterday and so far I am quite impressed. To me the software is a bit sluggish to act when building your own themes and so on and i hope this is normal.

Now my major issue is-Is my REX software up to date since I am seeing many different service packs my version is 1.5.2010.1210. Let me know if i am totally up to date so that i can fly with out a worry.

Secondly, I gave up my active sky software for this one which is far better than Active Sky 9 and ASE. I am accustomed to flying without the necessary input that REX needs such as flight plans ETC. Will REX continuously update the weather without a flight input into the software or do i need to do this to ensure smooth process?

My sincere congratulations to all those who works hard to bring this software to those who use FS2004 who doesnt not have the system to run FSX. Keep up the good work and looking forward to your response

Regards

GMJones

Simmarket #807805

Gh GMJones welcome to our forum, and THANK YOU for you kind words!

When you say sluggish, do you mean when installing the textures? (themes)? Or are you talking about the speed in which the interface reacts? If so, there is not much to do about this at this time as the interface is doing LOTS behind the scenes :(

Yes you are up to date :)

No need for flight input either.

Hope this helps.

Oh also, in the future, please place your posting in the correct sub-forum (REX SUPPORT FOR FS2004), and I am moving this thread there now.

Cheers GMJones :)

I figured i placed this in the wrong place, thanks for moving it over to the right forum. I am happy to know i am up to date, thats a relief. Well I must say when I followed your instructions on installing the OD and after which the OD was installed the interface is reacting allot faster now...found that odd but i am not complaining and let me say i was amazed at the OD textures as well especially the OD runway choices, extraordinary!!! Well I am happy that I do not need to input no FP to keep the weather current, i found that when i fly the REX WAsys freezes not in functionality but in downloading the weather. To me this is minor.

I figured as much when you say there is allot going on behind the scenes with the interface and to me its worth it.

Thanks for your quick repsonse.

GMJONES

http://www.google.tt/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://www.saddingtonbaynes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Hummingbird-310x230.jpg&sa=X&ei=uEPdTtjYEImHgwegodylDw&ved=0CAsQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHJ6dzI-eC-kBy_hKU6hteLLaq5xg

Cheers for that GM, and let me know if I can close this topic as RESOLVED.