Mike...

RESOLVED Runway edges, still unresolved

Quite a while ago I posted this thread: http://realenvironmentxtreme.com/forum/index.php?topic=12428

And in that referred to a later thread about the same issue: http://realenvironmentxtreme.com/forum/index.php?topic=13345

Both threads are locked and tagged as "resolved", but I can not find a download with fixed textures, so I'm putting this issue back on the agenda, and with some urgency. I wouldn't want to have to wait a full year for a fix.

Mike, Tim mentioned in the last thread you quoted that he will work on the issue. but as you know they are really busy getting Simair on the way.

But I am sure that this will not be forgotten. Reed and Tim have a list of issues that need to be resolved. They are also working on some other outstanding issues in REX.

Noting is forgotten it is just a matter of priorities. Thanks for your patience.

I know what he said, but he said that back in January and we're almost September now...

I feel I've been patient and then some. I mean, how long does it take to fix a couple of textures?

To me it makes sense to address outstanding issues for your existing customers or those customers may not be along for the ride when you start out on a new adventure.

@Mike -

I appreciate your desire to have this issue resolved.  Tim is aware of your thoughts on this.  The REX Team has been very busy since Jan 2011 to present on numerous items.  Right now we have put off any major changes to REX until we see what is going to happen with MS Flight.  MS Flight could have a huge impact on the future of REX.  So our focus right now has been on other projects.

Right now we have put off any major changes to REX until we see what is going to happen with MS Flight.  MS Flight could have a huge impact on the future of REX.  So our focus right now has been on other projects.

Flight?! Major changes?! I'm just asking for some runway textures to be fixed... Aren't I?

???

If you don't want to, just say so, I'd appreciate that a lot more than these responses, which may very well consume more time than the actual solution...

Mike,

You are correct, and I don't have a problem with fixing them... the problem is getting a patch together to patch this into the REX program. It's too small a fix to have to incorporate another patch.

So with that said, I WILL fix them, and we WILL incorporate into a new PATCH/VERSION in the near future, BUT in the meantime, I will supply them to folks who have the desire for them... such as yourself.

I will update this thread when finalized.

THANK YOU for your patience in this matter.