Sign in to follow this  
mikesmoker

RESOLVED \Need help !

I tried REX service packs and overdrive some time back but the water reflections were way too unrealistic so to remove them I eventually had to remove FS9 and reinstall.

Well, I got a higher-end system since then and thinking that the new graphics card and more processor cores the water reflections would be better, not.

I went to REX options and reinstalled backup. No change. Even a restore point prior to installing service packs and ovedrive, no good.

Uninstalled REX and still no change.

So now I have to go and do a  total uninstall of FS9 again? Nightmare cause then I have to go through all the add-on installs again too.

Any suggestions on how I can get around this?

This time I hope I have learned my lesson.

The water reflections are just waayyy too reflective and even the water color has stayed as I had set it with the REX program, not revert back to FS9 color.

What is your OS ?  After uninstalling REX, remove manually the REX main folder.  There is also an other (hidden) folder to be removed but that depends on your OS where it is.  When this is done, start CCleaner (freeware) and clean your windows registry.  Restart windows and start the REX installer.  All should be fine now.

Hope this helps.

PS : I modified the title of your thread.  Please don't use capitals next time.

sorry.

thanks, that seemed to do the trick-the reinstall of REX.

system is win7 (hate it so far)

intel dual core 3.4mhz

radeon 5750 1gb ddr5

4gb ddr3

1tb hhd 7200rpm

not a high end but does the job for fs9

Don't worry about your system.  My CPU is 1.3 GHz slower than yours and I am running FSX on W7.

Indeed there are some differences with XP but much better than Vista.

Do you mean that you could resolve your issue ?

Please a reply from you ?