JK_LEGAL

Microsoft Announces Flight (ALL discussion about this in this thread only)

175 posts in this topic

I must hand it to you, Jay - you are quick  ;)

lol thanks Ebo, I just don't want the forums to get cluttered with 'what if's' and 'maybe's' about Flight, this way people can really choose to join the convo or leave the thread alone and enjoy what we have.

OH great!!! Just when i got fsx where i want it.. haha..  :)  thanks Jay

I was just getting to grips with FSX, but look at that water :P , prob need quad Xeons  to run this sim  :D

Damn! - REX's next project perhaps  ;D

LOL, people should recall the now "infamous" official DX 10 preview screenshot of FSX when it was first announced:

Posted Image

Here is what most people actually saw:

Posted Image

Just something to keep in mind as you all imagine what "Flight" will end up really looking like, and as Jaykae has stated, that video is just a render.  Also, it will be on the Windows Live platform, which requires an online registration and user ID to play...let the speculation begin!

P.S. - Now I wonder why on earth that preview video was rated "T" for Teen...?

LOL, people should recall the now "infamous" official DX 10 preview screenshot of FSX when it was first announced:

Posted Image

Here is what most people actually saw:

Posted Image

Just something to keep in mind as you all imagine what "Flight" will end up really looking like, and as Jaykae has stated, that video is just a render.  Also, it will be on the Windows Live platform, which requires an online registration and user ID to play...let the speculation begin!

P.S. - Now I wonder why on earth that preview video was rated "T" for Teen...?

We all have to wait for ingame shots then we can say if it's a good graphic or not and we only can say when the demo released if it have friendly performance and that takes a long long time

I won't buy it if it's a live product they coerce us to be everytime online but who can say that now  :-\

Regards Daniel

Works fine for other titles, you can't even tell the difference.  If anything it helps with patch releases and fault finding, and a good way for the producers to keep in contact with the whole community, like Battlefield and EA.

I'm not too thrilled about the Windows Live platform either but it's nice to see Microsoft continuing the development of this flight simulator. 

Any guesses when it will be released??  ::)

I won't buy it if it's a live product they coerce us to be everytime online but who can say that now 

I would also not buy a programme that needs constant internet access.

a) I do not have the bandwidth to do so

B) what happens if their servers are down?

c) what happens if their servers are overloaded?

d) what happens if they shut down their servers/services.

Game dead and money wasted.

We as a FS community should stand up against this kind of practice and ask for a full blown game, without constant internet access. Granted piracy is a problem, but this not the solution.

For exactly the same reason I did not buy the new version of Silent Hunter 5 and I voiced my opinion on their website too.

Here i have to add (nothing to do wit hFlight Sim only with online games) I bought Assassins Creed 2 on the day of release a new game i installed it and i thought cool i can play it now i started the game and the first message was "sorry we can't connect you to the servers they are currently offline" i thought epic fail a new game for a lot of money and then i can't play it without internet hello it's an offline game and when i play FS i wuld like to play when i want and even if it's 4 in the morning i have to decide i think!

Sorry for any misspelling but the quote Option don't work really good on my pc the scroll button goes upwards when i type

Regards Daniel

Edit: sorry i forgot Assains Creed(for which they don't now what it is) is an single player game which must be connect to the internet alltime

This gives me hope that they will continue the Train Simulator they axed 2 times. I heard they were almost finished with Train Simulator X before they closed Aces Studio. Fingers crossed.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/111/1113387p1.html

August 17, 2010

by David Clayman

Today at Gamescom Microsoft announced the return of a [glow=red,2,300]flight simulator of sorts [/glow] on the PC. Microsoft Flight is the name of the game and it is being internally developed by Microsoft Game Studios.

The title is a Windows exclusive and is said [glow=red,2,300]to bring a new perspective to a well-established genre[/glow]. The first flight simulator game was released 28 years ago but the "Microsoft Flight Simulator" games were cancelled after Flight Simulator X and its expansions.

The fact that they took the word simulator out of the title I think pretty much says it all...anyone for a "vroom vroom" simulator?

I'm thankful Aces had the foresight to make Flight Simulator X adaptable into the future. I'm also thankful that X-Plane is still around, which I recently bought and in my mind is rapidly catching up to Flight Sim X...in some ways has even surpassed it. Unless another company takes flight [glow=red,2,300]simulator[/glow] enthusiasts seriously, Flight Sim X  and X-Plane may be the last of their kind.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/111/1113387p1.html

August 17, 2010

by David Clayman

Today at Gamescom Microsoft announced the return of a [glow=red,2,300]flight simulator of sorts [/glow] on the PC. Microsoft Flight is the name of the game and it is being internally developed by Microsoft Game Studios.

The title is a Windows exclusive and is said [glow=red,2,300]to bring a new perspective to a well-established genre[/glow]. The first flight simulator game was released 28 years ago but the "Microsoft Flight Simulator" games were cancelled after Flight Simulator X and its expansions.

The fact that they took the word simulator out of the title I think pretty much says it all...anyone for a "vroom vroom" simulator?

I'm thankful Aces had the foresight to make Flight Simulator X adaptable into the future. Unless another company takes flight [glow=red,2,300]simulator[/glow] enthusiastes seriously, Flight Sim X may be the last of its kind.

Yeah, unfortunately the simulator audience is considered a "niche" crowd. Niche crowd=less $. It's a growing trend in game development these days and it's just sad. After posting here I read that article and I noticed the language in there too freefall. I mean in FSX if you turn off all realism and crash detection etc. you can let a 3 year old fly the plane so FSX is already capable of being "child" friendly. The difference is when they completely take out all realistic and micro-managing things that take thought and abandon those who like real challenges and help keep the children dumb.

Sexy .. but my question always " When ? " i want the release date .. i mean what the idea of putting video for game thats we don't know when it will come out ? just like telling someone i will give you $10000 . the poor man wait the whole life for nothing

This gives me hope that they will continue the Train Simulator they axed 2 times. I heard they were almost finished with Train Simulator X before they closed Aces Studio. Fingers crossed.

What does train simulator have to do with FSX or anything flight sim related?  ???

Oh wow.

Where does one begin?

And how will this affect all of the developers out there????

Ill be really really angry if this is a step in the right direction, yet leaves developers hanging in any sense.

This strikes me as both good and rude, all at the same time. 

I hope they can sort out the difference. 

What does train simulator have to do with FSX or anything flight sim related?  ???

The train simulator (Microsoft Train Simulator) is by the same parent company and I think the same developers (Aces). Since Aces closed, I thought that was the end of any new Flight Simulator games as well as the Train Simulator series. Train Simulator X was to be similar to FSX in graphics covering a world wide rail road network (I'm so mad >:(). The train and flight sim audience have many things in common, one of them is that relevance to the Aces team who made the benchmark of both genres. The Train Simulator audience are cousins of flight simulator pilots.  ;D

If they can rekindle one, they can do the other. but again, after reading another article, I don't think this will be a "simulator" at all. We'll see.

Sexy .. but my question always " When ? " i want the release date .. i mean what the idea of putting video for game thats we don't know when it will come out ? just like telling someone i will give you $10000 . the poor man wait the whole life for nothing

November 11th, 2010 :)

Well...since we are all just speculating here, did you all know that Aerosoft is seriously considering a release of their own full blown fight simulator?  Of course I realize that this represents a huge undertaking, but the announcement of this latest franchise of Flight from Microsoft does not impact their decision in any way...

For anyone who says that project ( from Aerosoft) is dead, I can assure you that it is not  ;)

Im sorry, but Im not seeing anything that is shedding any light on my question about this new approach as it pertains to what we have NOW.

Will REX, GEX, UTX and all the other incredible efforts be applicable to this effort?