timest999

-Update Previews-

105 posts in this topic

Folks we are nearing release of the 9.9GB free texture update, and here are some shots representing just a sampling of what is included. Some of these shots are using the enb plugin with various settings and configurations.

Enjoy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

GOOD GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! 11GIGS????? HOLY FFFFF! Cant wait man!

Looking good! 11Gb, lucky me that I'm getting a new computer!

P.S. This topic is actually hard to spot!

11 gigs... thats going to be tough fitting on DVDs :)  Nice to see, nonetheless.

With that size of an update, four questions come to mind:

1) Do many of these textures override previous files of the same name, or are these additional textures?

2) Download process the same as before?

3) Any changes to the weather engine?

4) Date of projected release? 

Love your work, looking forward to the update.

Curt

1.) None of these textures overwrite previous ones - they are ALL brand new ones.

2.) We will be issuing a new SP3 for FSX in which you will have to installed before you can install the new texture packs.

3.) No major updates to the weather engine except a couple of fixes to some file download issues.  Updates to the weather engine will come later after the texture packs are released.

4.) After we are done testing the new textures and we create the installation process for them.

Oh MY!!!  :o

Harddisk space enough but my computer is outdated. (Just installed low textures REX files to get a little better performance.)

NEED HARDWARE...  :P

There are some like myself that cannot download that amount of data without huge cost.

Cheers

I know the feeling. We in South Africa also have to pay quite a bit for additional bandwidth.

Great news Tim! Thank you for this extraordinary effort! Can't wait.

an extra €22 on the phone bill so! lol

You're welcome folks :)

We are going to be working out the details on delivery and such, and we'll announce when ready.

Hi Guys,

11GB is way to huge as a download file, I get 25GB a month and then halves in speed and I cannot do that as I use the internet regulary for school and it pretty much will refuse to work. It would be nice for a CD version sent to everyone for free but id be happy to pay $3 or $4 to pay for the disk.

But it looks fantastic, thanks for doing this for us :)

We had a great dinner meeting this evening to go over these specifics, and it looks like it will be 9.9GB, and approx. 4GB compressed. We will be working all the details out in the next couple of days and report back with more info.

I can't wait. :)

i am very excited about the updates and look forward to getting to see first hand all the hard work and effort you and your team have put into this wonderful product.  also now i have another excuse to give the wife on why i need to buy another hard drive.  ;)

thanks REX, you always make a great product even better.

Kyle

Awesome screenshots!. :o

Just one question: will DX10 preview mode be supported in this textures pack?. Or said in other words...will it include DX10 specific features?. I think to have read DX10 mode could allow special new features in water waves.

Cheers!

Ãlvaro

Please excuse my ignorance...The update is for FSX only ?

And what is ENB ? Related to nVidia GPUs ?

Sotiris.

Álvaro, short answer, yes.

Sotiris, FSX only now, FS9 to come. ENB is a bloom-type plugin that can be used within FS that changes the appearance drastically. Surprised you haven't heard of this yet :)

Thanks for all the kind words folks :)

Cheers.

8)Excellent work. Looking forward to trying this with my Aura effect in the Arctic. Oh the WX engine in the Arctic so far is operating near perfect.

Excellent to hear Tim :)

Ãlvaro, short answer, yes.

Enough, thanks!!  ;)  :D

Cheers,

Ãlvaro

Sotiris, FSX only now, FS9 to come. ENB is a bloom-type plugin that can be used within FS that changes the appearance drastically. Surprised you haven't heard of this yet :)

I am surprised too - it happens sometimes.... :)

So I understand that those .ini settings others are talking about, do not exist for FS9 at present and ENB .ini file will come with the FS9 update, right ?